Maybe a daft idea but....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
We have had very strong winds here in the past few days Going down the bypass this morning into a strong headwind, crouched over the bars, head down and peering through the gap between glasses and helmet, I had a `lightbulb` moment!. Fix onto the bars in a central position a mirror, similar in size and shape to a car interior mirror. Then angle it so that when your head is down and your eyes are in their natural position, you can see the road ahead.
I know there are disadvantages with it - vibration and stability, over-reliance on it in traffic conditions, a low sun bouncing off it into your eyes. Surely in over 100 years of cycling, others have thought about it and maybe patented it.Your thoughts?

there's a reason why it hasn't been done already....

e-rider

crappy member
mr_hippo it actually sounds like this might have been intended as a serious post - well done on the extremely dry humour

OP
OP
mr_hippo

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
mr_hippo it actually sounds like this might have been intended as a serious post - well done on the extremely dry humour
it was just one of those daft thoughts that enter the head at times. One daft idea that was built for a smoking friend of mine was a handlebar mounted ashtray - Mick Mick loved it! (not a misprint, his name was Mick and he looked like the Road Runner so Meep Meep became Mick Mick)
I have asked othr stupid questions - to my late wife `Can I get a Bangkok bus timetable?' Traffic is so bad at times nthat I could get off a bus outside a coffee shop, have a cup of coffee than walk about 100 metres and board the same bus.
To a friend of mine who had just bought a new Chevvy pickup 'Did you know there is no lock on your tailgate?`

Top Bottom