Maybe one for the laydees ?...dry skin.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I've always had oily skin, maybe the type of work I did. And I have been known sweat quite profusely as I burn off calories watching t.v.. My partner uses me as a hot water bottle in bed.

Left work the begining of April and all was the same, in June I was put on medication by my doctor and slowly my skin has dried out, the only place I seem to sweat now is in the err, personal areas.

If I scratch my forehead or my arms its like a little cloud of dandruff falling off me. At the moment I'm rubbing in E45 cream twice a day but it's not really doing anything.

Any suggestions (as I say I'm sure it's the meds) ?

Noodley

Have you tried Double Base?

Bigtallfatbloke

I hav ebeen on meds for over 10 years. I dont suffer from any dry skin on the body but do suffer from flakey dry scalp occassionally....but i dont think it's med related, more to do with all the bloody chemicals in shampoo.

I heard that olive oil on the hair can help it...but stay away from the fire afterwards.:biggrin:

Alcdrew

Go back to the doc and get them to put you on different meds. surely going form greasy to dry isn't right.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'd agree it's worth going back to the doctor, as this does sound medication caused.

In the meantime, I'd start by buying a good exfoliator - try boots no 7 - and exfoliate gently every other day or every day if you think necessary. This gets rid of the dead skin cells, which means your moisturiser can work much harder.

I'd then try an actual face oil as a moisturiser. There's a lovely one by Neals Yard called Rose facial oil but I suspect that that's a bit girly for your good self, but NYR should have some decent oils like rosehip that you can use without threatening your masculinity. Oils are amazing and don't leave your skin like a slick, I promise.

Top Bottom