MBK Mistral

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Javabob

Hi all, my 1st post as I found this forum whilst trying to find some info on my old MBK Mistral I picked up off eBay recently.
I take it that they are a French version of Raleigh?
Did they do any hi spec stuff as I know they sponsored a pro team in the 80’s (wasn’t Robert Millar one of their riders?)

midlife

Guru
MBK were formed from the ashes of the defunct Motobecane company sometime in the 80's.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think that's it in his avatar mikey but it would be nice to see it in more detail.
MBK made some nice bikes, I've seen a few down here.

carpenter

Über Member
Hi Javabob,

I think that they used the same model name for several different options - I am sure that I have seen Mirage models advertised as having Reynolds 531c, Columbus (various types) or "internal" cro - mo. Perhaps they did the same with the Mistral?

They also made some interesting frame variations - particularly around the saddle/seatpost cluster.

I have a Mirage, nothing wrong with it but it doesn't have the same fast/responsive or comfortable feel as some of my other bikes - not sure how much of this is down to wheels/tyres (gut feeling is that a lot is down to tyres rather than frame, others may have a view on this)

attached thumbnail is not mine but very similar.

Attachments

• mbk.jpg
    mbk.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 140
Hi all, my 1st post as I found this forum whilst trying to find some info on my old MBK Mistral I picked up off eBay recently.
I take it that they are a French version of Raleigh?
Did they do any hi spec stuff as I know they sponsored a pro team in the 80’s (wasn’t Robert Millar one of their riders?)
Hi and :welcome:.

We would love to see some pictures of your cycle .

OP
OP
Javabob

Javabob

Thanks for your replies. It’s the inexternal co-mo framed version. I’ll get some better photos of it later & post them up

Top Bottom