McTour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Cool! I hope to God it happens.

domtyler

Über Member
Nice link:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

laurence said:

And is the sky going to be clear of clouds, or clouds of midges? ;)

Good luck, Scotland. If the weather is good, it would be a memorable experience for the riders.

What would make a good route? 100 miles isn't too far. I always liked the scenery out towards the Kyle of Lochalsh, or down through the Spey Valley, or around Loch Ness or Loch Lomond.

how about the Etape Caledonia route?

OP
OP
Q

QuickDraw

Dayvo said:
And is the sky going to be clear of clouds, or clouds of midges? ;)

Good luck, Scotland. If the weather is good, it would be a memorable experience for the riders.

What would make a good route? 100 miles isn't too far. I always liked the scenery out towards the Kyle of Lochalsh, or down through the Spey Valley, or around Loch Ness or Loch Lomond.

They'll want it to look good on the telly so I'd vote for the prologue round Edinburgh city centre and stage one starting from Stirling and ending on Clydeside via the Trossachs and Loch Lomond.

I'm afraid the clouds are a permanent fixture though.

OP
OP
Q

QuickDraw

laurence said:
along princes street... up the mound... past the castle... that kind of thing would look great. or maybe around Holyrood.

the cobbles will be fun!

That's exactly what I was thinking. Sun shining on the castle and glinting off the WET cobbles - now that sounds like good telly.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
domtyler said:
Nice link:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

You think the web site as bad, the paper is worse, 10 years ago it was a great paper, but it has gone into a steep decline in recent year.

laurence said:

By 2011 global warming with have Scotland as sunny as the South of France...

QuickDraw said:
They'll want it to look good on the telly so I'd vote for the prologue round Edinburgh city centre and stage one starting from Stirling and ending on Clydeside via the Trossachs and Loch Lomond./QUOTE]

Send them up the Bealach-na-Ba that would give them a nice wee warm up...

QuickDraw said:
I'm afraid the clouds are a permanent fixture though.

You really should try getting out of Glasgow more often....

Top Bottom