MD80 troubleshooting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

g00se

Veteran
goo_mason said:
I got one of these today. Annoyingly, it won't sit straight anywhere on my Bell helmet (like my old Archos lipstick-style headcam). Thought I could wedge it into the vents at the front, but they make it sit leaning over and not pointing straight.

I think I need to get a new helmet with more flat spots on it!!

Same here - used the mounting bracket in the end but it does stand a bit proud.
I tried the vent, but I've got a Bell too and it sits at an angle. Might be tempted to take it apart in the future and see if I can offset the lens.

OP
OP
J

JoysOfSight

Just to update you - I let the battery run down overnight, and then when I plugged it into the PC this morning it seemed to work as normal again.

However, as an interesting side-note I had spotted the lens was slightly misaligned and clicked it around a bit, so perhaps that had something to do with it too.

They're definitely built down to an incredibly low point, but if they work for £10, I'll be happy enough....

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Blast, I thought I'd fixed mine, but it's just not happening. Defo seems to involve poor contact with the card, but no amount of cleaning of the card or the contacts seems to be fixing it.

I might have to get something else, maybe a gopro for the rear view and 170 degree field of vision.

OP
OP
J

JoysOfSight

My POV.1 has always had chronic problems with making invalid clips whenever I shake it, or otherwise look at it funny. In an ideal world I could afford a ContourHD for front and rear, but, alas...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Managed to bodge it into the middle vent at the back of the helmet - gave it a little go around the flat and sat on the bike at my riding angle, looking at a fixed point. Played the file back and it seems to be at the right angle; if it's a dry day tomorrow I'll give it a trial run.

goo_mason

goo_mason said:
Managed to bodge it into the middle vent at the back of the helmet - gave it a little go around the flat and sat on the bike at my riding angle, looking at a fixed point. Played the file back and it seems to be at the right angle; if it's a dry day tomorrow I'll give it a trial run.

Bah - slept in and got the bus to work, so the camera didn't get an outing to see how well it works :ohmy:

potsy

Rambler
goo_mason said:
Bah - slept in and got the bus to work, so the camera didn't get an outing to see how well it works :angry:
What a let down Goo,we've been waiting all night/day for the incident packed video of your commute;)

goo_mason

Sorry to let you all down, Potsy :angry:

As my commutes have been almost incident free for quite some time, it'll be interesting to see if the camera does attract trouble as some seem to claim!

potsy

Rambler
goo_mason said:
Sorry to let you all down, Potsy :angry:

As my commutes have been almost incident free for quite some time, it'll be interesting to see if the camera does attract trouble as some seem to claim!
Let you off this time,have you been practicing your girly scream and shouting out of reg numbers?:biggrin:

goo_mason

potsy said:
Let you off this time,have you been practicing your girly scream and shouting out of reg numbers?:angry:

I can't afford a lawyer, and a certain Dr Brennan has those actions copyrighted, so I've been practising a manly bellow instead (whilst silently memorising the reg).... :biggrin:

Top Bottom