"Me and My Bike" BBC 1989

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Two thoughts above all: wow, weren't the road designs even worse in the 1980s; and why don't lorry drivers still keep bikes on board to pop to shops and cafes and so on when they have to take breaks?

dim

LOL .... just started watching and in the beginning, he says that you should take your wife or girlfriend on a tandem for a week and a fortnight, and she is cold wet and hungry, and still your friend, you have a good basis for a married life .... :laugh:

not sure is the old lady on the back of the tandem looked very happy though

but I've bookmarked to watch the rest tomorrow

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Nice to see an old aquaintance , John 'Pinky' Pinkerton (sadly no longer with us), at 8.00 into the film.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I really enjoyed that, thank you GuyBoden.
The chap with the home made tent looked to be riding a 70's Thompson (Andy Thompson Frame builder I think?). I have an early 80's Orbit Thompson with a very similar logo, made in Sheffield where the old chap came from I think?
Nice Bob Jackson's too.
Could anyone make out what the John O'Groats - Lands End chap was riding?

Hardrock93

Guru
I really enjoyed that, thank you GuyBoden.
The chap with the home made tent looked to be riding a 70's Thompson (Andy Thompson Frame builder I think?). I have an early 80's Orbit Thompson with a very similar logo, made in Sheffield where the old chap came from I think?
Nice Bob Jackson's too.
Could anyone make out what the John O'Groats - Lands End chap was riding?
According to this article, it was a Stan Pike bike. http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...dburns-record-breaking-end-to-end-1982-211103

Top Bottom