Measuring crank arm length

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Funtboy

Hi all,

How do you measure the length of a crank arm? I need to replace my left hand one and want to make sure I get the correct length. I'm guessing that you measure from the centre of one 'hole' to the centre of the other 'hole'.

Am I right?

Cheers

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Funtboy said:
Hi all,

How do you measure the length of a crank arm? I need to replace my left hand one and want to make sure I get the correct length. I'm guessing that you measure from the centre of one 'hole' to the centre of the other 'hole'.

Am I right?

Cheers

Is the size not stamped on the rear ?

4F

What crankset have you got and what length are you looking for ?

4F

Funtboy said:
Shimano FC-M341 175mm.

Do I have to get that exact crank arm?
I only need the left crank. Everything else looks fine.

Well they key thing is to make sure the replacement part has the right taper fitting for the bottom bracket and of course the same colour and length. When I knackered mine many moons ago my LBS rooted around in his spares box and rustled one up which he sold me for a fiver. I am googling now

OP
OP
Funtboy

Funtboy

Okay, so I don't have to precious about the model then? Cool.

4F

Diamond hole fitting ? Probably best to phone SJS up and tell them what you have got and they should be able to tell you the best match. I have always found them to be very helpful.

OP
OP
Funtboy

Funtboy

4F said:
Diamond hole fitting ? Probably best to phone SJS up and tell them what you have got and they should be able to tell you the best match. I have always found them to be very helpful.

Cheers, the one you linked to has a diamond hole fitting as well and it looks right to me. I'll phone SJS though. Cheers....

Top Bottom