Mechanical dunce award.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I like to think I have a reasonable amount of knowledge when it comes to keeping my bike running in good condition. I can take most of it apart and put it back together again, having done so from an early age.

So it amazes me when I go out for a ride with my older brother, who at the age of 55 and having been cycling for about 50 years, cannot even fix a puncture!! I ended up doing it for him, and showed him how easy it was to remove a wheel (quick release axles), to remove the tyre and to fix the puncture. His reaction? "It's easier to phone the wife and get her to pick me up" and "I can't be bothered with all that messing around with the brakes and stuff!" Messing around; you mean disconnecting and re-connecting a quick release cable?

Unfortunately, next time he got a puncture, said wife was at work so he had a 4 mile walk home :laugh:. He mocks me for taking the wheels off the bike to put it in the car; I find that much quicker and easier than faffing about putting the back seats down (his preferred method).

Any other contenders for mechanical dunce (apart from Halfords "technicians" :whistle:)?

Top Bottom