Mechanics, or Group Sets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyJB

sooooo
am planning to replace my beloved road bike with a budget version of circa £1500, am I mad with the state of this countries roads??? Having spoken with the LBS (Rotherham/Sheffield highly reputable with a national reputation), I have been told that the range is too close to call and probably down to aesthetics or “eye candy appeal” which probably would have driven my choice anyway.

My question though is what do people consider the best GroupSet to employ and what are the day to day benefits of each? or is this down to personal prejudice as there is nothing between them

MajorMantra

AndyJB said:
am planning to replace my beloved road bike with a budget version of circa £1500, am I mad with the state of this countries roads??? Having spoken with the LBS (Rotherham/Sheffield highly reputable with a national reputation), I have been told that the range is too close to call and probably down to aesthetics or “eye candy appeal” which probably would have driven my choice anyway.

My question though is what do people consider the best GroupSet to employ and what are the day to day benefits of each? or is this down to personal prejudice as there is nothing between them

There isn't nothing between them but the differences are more a matter of taste than anything else once you get to the good stuff. Campag, Shimano and SRAM all make very high quality groupsets for bikes in your price range - you're probably best off choosing on ergonomics as each has their own hood shape and shifting arrangement.

Matthew

Top Bottom