Meet Bruce!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Remember the tiny little puppy? Now he's almost 21 months and a big proud boy.

20230419_160313.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Remember the tiny little puppy? Now he's almost 21 months and a big proud boy.

View attachment 686155

What a handsome lad! :smooch:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye, just like Lemmy before him I weigh his food portions and he is very well exercised. He's a joy off the lead, excellent obedience to recall, so he gets a daily 10 minutes chasing the Frisbee in addition to 5 or 6 miles of walks. He's 32kg so bang in the middle of the healthy range for a male lab, and a touch taller than old Lemmington Spud 2as.

Hicky

Guru
What is the hair situ like?
We have 3 cockers and I'm contemplating a lab next however I'm not sure I want all the hair and I've never had one....all the ones I know are gundogs and kennelled outside.

Aye, just like Lemmy before him I weigh his food portions and he is very well exercised. He's a joy off the lead, excellent obedience to recall, so he gets a daily 10 minutes chasing the Frisbee in addition to 5 or 6 miles of walks. He's 32kg so bang in the middle of the healthy range for a male lab, and a touch taller than old Lemmington Spud 2as.

Fetch is a great way to exercise them

Unfortunately when I had my Alsatian she never considered it worthy of her highly tuned hunting instincts
She would just sit there and watch the ball/Frisbee or whatever and look at me as if I was stupid

Now if I had got hold of a remote control squirrel then she would have been all for it!

(when I say "highly tuned hunting instincts" I mean she loved chasing squirrel and cats - never caught one except once - a squirral that was a bit to slow - she got to it them stopped looking confused as the squirrel shot up a tree
caught it but has no clue what to do next!!!
Every Alsatian I have ever known has a high opion of themselves - and are total wimps!)

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
What is the hair situ like?
We have 3 cockers and I'm contemplating a lab next however I'm not sure I want all the hair and I've never had one....all the ones I know are gundogs and kennelled outside.
Lemmy had the classic pine needles hair that stuck to everything. Bruce's hair malts just as vigorously but is softer and is easier to get off car interiors etc. We've hard floors throughout the house so it not an issue.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Wherever I am Bruce is never far away. An hours practice on the '69 precision and he's right there with his old Dad.

IMG_20230423_110515030.jpg

DRM

Guru
Fetch is a great way to exercise them

Unfortunately when I had my Alsatian she never considered it worthy of her highly tuned hunting instincts
She would just sit there and watch the ball/Frisbee or whatever and look at me as if I was stupid
Mrs DRM had a Yorkshire Terrier with the same attitude, she would look at you as if to say, you threw, you go fetch it!

Top Bottom