Meet The Author: Cycling Legends - Tom Simpson

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
As some CCers have ridden to Bircotes and Harworth to visit the grave of cycling legend, Tom Simpson, I thought the following event may be of interest:

"Meet the author of Cycling Legends: Tom Simpson, a lavishly illustrated book that tells Simpson’s story in more depth and detail than it has ever been told before.

Chris Sidwells will be at Bircotes Library Saturday on 15th Feb 10-12pm. No need to book."

Sharky

Guru
He was a great inspiration to me when I was just starting with a club and a great shock when he left us.
Still have the "special" publication that Cycling Weekly produced, shortly after his death.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Chris is doing his talk at venues around the country, in case you missed this one. Recommended.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
He was a great inspiration to me when I was just starting with a club and a great shock when he left us.
Still have the "special" publication that Cycling Weekly produced, shortly after his death.
I wonder if people will say this about Lance Armstrong when he dies. There is little doubt that he inspired many cyclists to take up the sport. Then came the drugs. Tom Simpson followed the same route. Obviously, to a lesser degree. But the path was similar.

Top Bottom