Member nominations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moonlight

Just an idea,
people could vote, and then the winners could get a little graphic for thier signature (I'd be happy to do graphics).

Award ideas:
Best newcomer (K T)
Most comically tallented (me)
Most arrogant (me) jokes =P
Best Advisor to Beginners
Most Technically Inept
Best Person Ever (bribes optional?)

There's some food for thought..

bonj2

just a thought, say if you 'won' a graphic for your signature, I'd be perfectly at liberty to nick it, and put it on my own. :biggrin: you'd have to have it int he left hand panel where the avatar is. For which you'd need admin approval. Good idea though if so.
Used to have a similar situation in barryboys. Whereas i'm 'vice president' on here, on there you could win titles such as 'post of the week', 'shed of the week', etc. but I used to inhabit titles that were invented specially for me, such as 'argumentative bitch', 'twat of the month', etc.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, cool idea!;)

Shaun

Founder
I've had a look at the user management features and I can change people's default user group name (the bit under your username on the left) on an individual basis.

This means that we could issue awards and I can bestow the title/honour on users who accept, but as this is purely manual it would mean undoing the titles when the next voting round came along.

We just need to work out how the practicalities of it will work - I'm more than willing to update the winning users with their new titles ... :wacko:

Cheers,
Shaun xx(

Arch

Married to Night Train
If it's something you have to do manually, I suggest it not being too frequent, or you'll get fed up with us all! Monthly at most perhaps? So, how many categories, and what are they to be?

And how will a vote work - nominations allowed over the course of a month (for example) or a series of polls for set categories, or...

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
How about, instead of differing catagories, we simple have one for each section:

i.e.
Politics and Life - Contributer of the Month
Cafe - Contributer of the Month
Know-How - Contributer of the Month

etc....

That way we can have a 'sticky' poll at the top of each section, the results of which can be calculated every month, the award made, and the poll reset ?

just a thought

Andrew

Top Bottom