Memory foam pillows. Any experience? Advantages? Disadvantages?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We need new pillows.
My neck problem means too thick a pillow is not good. Not so bad lying on my back but bad if on my side
Mrs D suggests trying memory foam but they can be expensive.
I have no problem paying good money if they do the trick but what if ???
CC to the rescue hopefully^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
Weve6 tried them for Mrs D. They made my head feel very hot and sweaty so I went back to a regular job, but Mrs D doesn't mind them.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I had one but didn't like it at all. Far too hard. Very uncomfortable and it just felt...wrong somehow. Then again you might like it. Everyone is different, but it can be an expensive mistake as you say. Only one way to find out.:okay:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I tried one once, it was quite small and just felt wrong. The problem with pillows, I think, is that the memory foam ones are designed to be kept in one specific place. not many of us stay in exactly the same position all night. I've found that having a medium depth pillow for my head works best, combined with another pillow to "hug" under my arm or sometimes between my legs like a pregnant woman.

Also my memory foam pillow was hot, and was tapered (thicker at the top, thinner at the front) which I didn't like.

Summary: Try normal pillows but more of them and not just under your head.

Drago

Legendary Member
I once had a dream I was eating a giant marshmallow. Now we seem to be missing a pillow.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I hate them, hot and not comfy, i tend to hear my pulse banging in my ear when lying on them.

Be prepared to bin after first night.

You may like them but i dont notice hotels using them, so maybe there a gimmick

Top Bottom