Men/Women Equality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Everybody is getting better, treating girls and boys the same, but this caught my eye on Amazon

Arnhem: The Battle for the Bridges, 1944: Perfect for Father’s Day Hardcover
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arnhem-Battle-Bridges-Antony-Beevor/dp/0670918660

Now why is this perfect for Father's Day?
Would it ever be suggested as perfect for Mother's day?

It doesn't appeal to me, but my wife's Uncle died at Arnhem. He was a parachutist and dropped into the fierce fighting where they were waiting. My wife actually bought a copy of the book yesterday and had I known, it would have been a perfect gift for Mother's Day or her Birthday.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
My mum is just as interested in her fathers military past as my dad is, you are quite right.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
men and women like different things, they can also like the same things. There's a bloke around the corner who wears women's clothes (two actually)... and there's loads of women who don't do skirts or frocks. </preamble>

would a pair of pink fluffy slippers advertised as 'perfect for mothers day' be sexist, or just someone knowing what certain types of people tend to like?

spen666

Legendary Member
Has anyone said its not suitable for Mothers/ Females?

FFS get a grip and stop trying to find offence
It doesn't mention every possible classification of people so is it discriminatory against some one who is a one legged albino, transphobic, bald, underweight, colourblind, left handed, bulimic, hermaphrodite?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I'm afraid to offer an opinion for fear of being labelled a misogynist.
If that statement were true, you'd have a much smaller post count.

winjim

Smash the cistern
To be honest I'm offended by the very concept of fathers day. The perfect gift would be its eradication.

Except in the States. It's their day, they can keep it.

ETA: I'm not too keen on Amazon either but I do use them as they are convenient. So although they are clearly and demonstrably a bunch of dickheads it would be a bit hypocritical of me to complain about it.

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
It's not just father's day, and it's not just Amazon. The supermarkets are terrible. It's enough that they ram the stuff in your face as soon as you're in the door, but especially at Christmas I don't like it that all men's stuff is football, whisky or technology related. As with Amazon, they are targetting their idea of the "average" man and what he likes so I don't think it's sexist. It's just annoying ultra consumerism at it's worst.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Has anyone said its not suitable for Mothers/ Females?

FFS get a grip and stop trying to find offence
It doesn't mention every possible classification of people so is it discriminatory against some one who is a one legged albino, transphobic, bald, underweight, colourblind, left handed, bulimic, hermaphrodite?

Feck off picking on me ,i cant help it ,And you missed short sighted out:laugh:

Top Bottom