Meningitis ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndrewClark

Veteran
Interesting...... I've been totally knackered for the last month. 5 weeks ago I started to lose my voice in work & feel generally crap. I had the next week off sick. For the first few days I had a streaming nose and was spending most of the day in bed. I went back to work, but haven't got much better, my throat doesn't feel sore, it's not swollen but it's visibly inflamed and I still lose my voice at regular intervals. I'm getting in from work at 6 and going to bed for 3 hours as well. GP gave me a course of antibiotics which have had no effect and I'm down for blood tests on Monday...:evil:

Noodley

Can you catch an infection from others on a cycling forum? :evil:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Noodley said:
It must be a "national" bug rather than "local" - I had to pull out of a 400km ride today 'cos I have been floored with "something" for the past few days :biggrin:

I spent most of last night stemming the flow of blood from my nose, everytime I stood up it would start bleeding - I solved this by not standing up :evil:

It would appear to have gone now (or at least it's not anywhere near as bad as it was) so I am going to try to venture out for the club run tomorrow morning.

P.S. what's all this going to bed nonsense - struggle bravely on! You get more sympathy that way...
LOL...very Tommy Cooper!
No chance of sympathy in this house, better to be in bed!

btw, not sure about the new Avatar....kinda got used to Fletch for some reason.

Noodley

Fab Foodie said:
LOL...very Tommy Cooper!
No chance of sympathy in this house, better to be in bed!

btw, not sure about the new Avatar....kinda got used to Fletch for some reason.

It's my "new" persona. I'm trying to be a bit more suave :evil:

simonali

Guru
My niece has had it twice! Hospitalised both times, but no lasting effects luckily.

Other peeps I know are my brother, a friend's daughter and my wife's uncle. The latter is now in his seventies but was left with brain damage and a lifetime of care.

col

Legendary Member
Gunner Rodgers said:
It's that serious that being in hospital is no gaurantee of survival.

This is the story of my baby neice..........:wacko::sad:;)

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...er-tells-of-further-heartache-84229-20846770/

Thats awful GR,A couple of minutes by the staff could have made all the difference there.
What is worrying is the seemingly resurfacing of long thought gone things,my son was diagnosed with whooping cough last week,it was a very worrying time,and sleepless,but he seems to have got passed the worse now.

OP
OP
twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Gunner Rodgers said:
It's that serious that being in hospital is no gaurantee of survival.

This is the story of my baby neice..........:biggrin::sad::blush:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...er-tells-of-further-heartache-84229-20846770/

That's just dreadful. :blush: :wacko:

Now in my (relatively very trivial) case :tongue: the symptoms are progressing. The throat is noticeably better but I still have the headaches. But now I have a stiff neck. My energy levels are little better too. Is this the beginning of the end?

So I'm playing it safe and not going into work tomorrow.

Top Bottom