Mercian Vincitore Special

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
about time I contributed something to this thread!
Here is my Mercian, from 1981

image_zpsc2209de0.jpg

I aquired the frame in a deal with a Condor that was too small for me. I was always going to treat myself to one when I retired, in exactly these colours, when I happened on this.....it must have been fate!
I had a Veloce groupset from 1994 doing nothing, so got hold of a minging triple, and stripped and polished it.
It took a bit of fettling to make work, as I believe this was built for hub gears as it has some weird braze ons, and I also had to make a gear hanger fit, but it all works wonderfully now!
I have ridden the Dunwich Dynamo on it twice, but it rides even better now as I have fitted some Compass Stampede Pass tyres, which are sublime!

I have some more vintage machines to add later

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
about time I contributed something to this thread!
Here is my Mercian, from 1981

View attachment 345265

I aquired the frame in a deal with a Condor that was too small for me. I was always going to treat myself to one when I retired, in exactly these colours, when I happened on this.....it must have been fate!
I had a Veloce groupset from 1994 doing nothing, so got hold of a minging triple, and stripped and polished it.
It took a bit of fettling to make work, as I believe this was built for hub gears as it has some weird braze ons, and I also had to make a gear hanger fit, but it all works wonderfully now!
I have ridden the Dunwich Dynamo on it twice, but it rides even better now as I have fitted some Compass Stampede Pass tyres, which are sublime!

I have some more vintage machines to add later

very nice

OP
OP
stedlocks

stedlocks

Über Member
Cheers!
That's why I said to keep yours! They really ride well, and it's true craftsmanship, each one being hand forged in an open hearth, by one builder, from start to finish!
If you go on their website, you can mess about with the frame designer bit....put new colours on and barbers poles etc.....give you some inspiration!
Before I picked this up, I always played with it, and always ended up with a black vincitore special, with cream bands/headtube and gold lug lining/ decals. I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled on this one!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Cheers!
That's why I said to keep yours! They really ride well, and it's true craftsmanship, each one being hand forged in an open hearth, by one builder, from start to finish!
If you go on their website, you can mess about with the frame designer bit....put new colours on and barbers poles etc.....give you some inspiration!
Before I picked this up, I always played with it, and always ended up with a black vincitore special, with cream bands/headtube and gold lug lining/ decals. I couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled on this one!

The one i have is just a nats bit on the large size but rideable , so enjoying it at mo

And i would love to be to afford to have one built in Red with chrome rear stays and a white barbers pole but hey i have not been playing or looking on the site ....

Top Bottom