Mercier ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Is this the same Mercier I posted several weeks ago?
I'm surprised it's still for sale, a lovely bike with a nice Columbus frame and matching Shimano 600 Arabesque group set. Although not currently geared for hills it's definitely worth making an offer.

Last edited:
I know that l shouldn't be looking at other bikes when l have just started a relationship with an Italian but this French temptress keeps popping up....she's not cheap (always a first time). Anyone have a view to share ?
I find that single gold line on the lug above the forks very alluring .:blush:http://www.ebay.fr/itm/152453300916?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:blush:T

And the matching retro kit:okay:

https://www.assosfactoryoutlet.com/heritage-pack-coop/

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Is this the same Mercier I posted several weeks ago?
I'm surprised it's still for sale, a lovely bike with a nice Columbus frame and matching Shimano 600 Arabesque group set. Although not currently geared for hills it's definitely worth making an offer.
Yes it is and l had to make up my mind between the Mercier or the Faggin. Now having saved the one l am wondering about saving the other except for the gearing issue. What would be the best bet to re gear the bike for our hilly part of France ?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
It depends how hilly but I wouldn't really want to change that lovely chainset. I'd maybe just change the rear cassette and see how that goes. I have a couple of vintage bikes which I occasionally ride, they have similar gearing to the Mercier, I limit their use to flatter rides.
The Faggin looks great by the way. Can I ask how much you paid for it in France?

Last edited:
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
It depends how hilly but I wouldn't really want to change that lovely chain set. I'd maybe just change the rear cassette and see how that goes. I have a couple of vintage bikes which I occasionally ride, they have similar gearing to the Mercier, I limit their use to flatter rides.
Très bonne idée, l wouldn't want to mess with the chain set, you are right it is a beauty.
I will keep my eye on it for a while and count the pennies but l would love to add it to the "stable"

U

User32269

images.png

Get off woodbutchers shoulder!

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I have just finished watching England demolish Scotland in the Calcutta Cup 6 Nations ...in a happy mood so watch this space re the Mercier ^_^

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
It depends how hilly but I wouldn't really want to change that lovely chainset. I'd maybe just change the rear cassette and see how that goes. I have a couple of vintage bikes which I occasionally ride, they have similar gearing to the Mercier, I limit their use to flatter rides.
The Faggin looks great by the way. Can I ask how much you paid for it in France?
Sorry Spiderweb l didn't see the last part of your quote and of course you can ask how much l paid which was 131. € plus 35. € shipping

Top Bottom