MERIDA Reacto 4000 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alba Zeus

Über Member
Morning,

I have my eye on this bike however have no experience with Merida as a brand.

Anyone with experience of this model or its older counterparts?

23665-99851-main-reacto_4000_blkred_my2022-154.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Merida is a good well established Taiwanese brand who have been going since 1972. They make for Specialized and now own 49%>
Like many other far Eastern brands. You need to compare specs with others to ascertain value and be sure to check warranty and what it covers.
Buy with confidence.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Never owned one. Know many who do....

Specs of that look great. And as above: I'd have no issue purchasing into the (Long established) Brand though.
Or that particular model.

So when's it arriving then ?

Jameshow

Veteran
Pretty much same as giants.
Get the job done without much flair?

Looks nice bike though... !

I'd get the ultegra tbh fair bit lighter....

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Not sure about that particular model, but as a brand I rate them highly. As @Cycleops stated, they are a long established brand and make frames for bigger named brands.
I have a Merida Ride 4000, bought new in 2018. Great bike for the occasions I feel like pretending I'm a roadie. On the strength of that bike, I bought another Merida last year, an e-Scultura for when I feel like pretending I need some battery assistance (an investment for the future) :smile: . Both bikes are great to ride in their own ways; so I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Jameshow

Veteran
And don't forget to take the loose change from your pocket :smile:

Surprising only a few hundred on a £2k bike!!

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Surprising only a few hundred on a £2k bike!!

I just think if I were spending £2k I'd get ultegra not 105...

What's that £'s saving per ounce then?

£2k is probably not far off of 'entry level' for a pretty decent road bike these days and 105 is a very good groupset to be fair and probably what you would expect at this pricepoint.

Jameshow

Veteran
What's that £'s saving per ounce then?

£2k is probably not far off of 'entry level' for a pretty decent road bike these days and 105 is a very good groupset to be fair and probably what you would expect at this pricepoint.

But if ultegra is £300 why not!
About a £1 a gram!

Top Bottom