Merida V box - removal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bennydorano

Veteran
Hi, got me a new Merida, I can't get the reach to my bike fit specification, its being caused by the v box (mini tool box, not an etap hub as I was assuming) under the saddle, it runs into the seat post bolts, even though there's still room to move the saddle forward going by the markings on the rails l. I'm assuming im being a bonehead in some way, I've searched online but can't see anything about being able to remove the V box. Any ideas

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A pic might be useful.

T4tomo

Guru
Hi, got me a new Merida, I can't get the reach to my bike fit specification, its being caused by the v box (mini tool box, not an etap hub as I was assuming) under the saddle, it runs into the seat post bolts, even though there's still room to move the saddle forward going by the markings on the rails l. I'm assuming im being a bonehead in some way, I've searched online but can't see anything about being able to remove the V box. Any ideas

you need to set the saddle position so that you can pedal comfortably. If you have it slammed right forward, KOPS etc will be out and it will probably be uncomfortable. Once all that is fine, you adjust reach with a shorter stem, not by moving the saddle forwards.

you need to set the saddle position so that you can pedal comfortably. If you have it slammed right forward, KOPS etc will be out and it will probably be uncomfortable. Once all that is fine, you adjust reach with a shorter stem, not by moving the saddle forwards.

The op wants advice on how to remove a v box before he can adjust the saddle position!

Top Bottom