Merry Christmas Everyone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just think of all the good things past and present.

1671919889382.jpeg

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Feck off, you virtue signalling nobber!
Merry Christmas one and all. :okay:

Rats! Forgot to be inclusive. Happy holidays everyone.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Where do I start?

Mrs SJ is suffering with a painful trapped nerve in her hip, slowly improving and especially after a visit from a physio on Thursday, but still largely incapacitated. That leaves me as a full time house husband in addition to working every morning.

The boiler is leaking at the cold water inlet, safe enough to leave until the New Year according to the plumber who came out yesterday as it is well away from the electrics, and it still works ok. I have a bowl to catch the drips which I have to empty a few times a day. But it's something I could do without.

To cap it all I had to take our poor little eleven year old Beagle to the vet yesterday morning and stood there holding her paw while the fatal dose was administered. It was difficult to hold myself together and I could barely speak. She had a major tumor in the abdomin and the vet said there was little hope of a successful outcome. The house is not the same without her.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

mustang1

Guru
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas to all of you and your family.

In this time, some people are enjoying themselves, some are going through hardships, some will have their bad fortunes turn around now or the future. However you are spending Christmas, be as well as you can be and I wish you well.

Some will post here, some will not get a chance due to their busy lives, either through work or looking after others.

If your day is not going as well as you would like, then I wish you at least a peaceful moment some time today; make the effort to just sit down for a while.

To the others , enjoy your turkey, or afternoon walk, or visiting families. Take care everyone.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Where do I start?

Mrs SJ is suffering with a painful trapped nerve in her hip, slowly improving and especially after a visit from a physio on Thursday, but still largely incapacitated. That leaves me as a full time house husband in addition to working every morning.

The boiler is leaking at the cold water inlet, safe enough to leave until the New Year according to the plumber who came out yesterday as it is well away from the electrics, and it still works ok. I have a bowl to catch the drips which I have to empty a few times a day. But it's something I could do without.

To cap it all I had to take our poor little eleven year old Beagle to the vet yesterday morning and stood there holding her paw while the fatal dose was administered. It was difficult to hold myself together and I could barely speak. She had a major tumor in the abdomin and the vet said there was little hope of a successful outcome. The house is not the same without her.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

I'm very sorry about your Dog, I've had to do this as well and it was very difficult. Take comfort in the fact that your did the best you could for her and didnt let her linger on.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm very sorry about your Dog, I've had to do this as well and it was very difficult. Take comfort in the fact that your did the best you could for her and didnt let her linger on.

Having recently had my best friend and a also neighbour both suffering lingering, miserable deaths, him due to cancer and her just fading away through old age I think dogs have it lucky. When they get to a stage beyond recovery we do the decent thing and end their misery.

Painful as it was to lose her, we take comfort in the fact that her suffering only lasted a few days before a peaceful end.

Top Bottom