Merry Christmas to everyone working on Christmas Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Burglars.
True dat! They never take a day off; and they especially like all those nice new things wrapped up and deposited under a tree, so there is no need to hunt through the house. Straight in and out; and plenty of vacant houses to pick with people out doing what they have to do at this time of year.

Fubar

Guru
Mrs Fu is working overnight tonight in out of hours - should be a fairly quiet shift mind. I'll pass on your good wishes :okay:

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
The gritters have been up and down the street this morning

Brandane

Legendary Member
Is McDonalds open? Merry Christmas if you work in McDonalds!
A few years ago I was driving taxis, and stupidly agreed to work on Christmas Day, for double time. 2 x £5 per hour is still only a tenner (technically self employed so boss got away with paying less than min. wage). We worked for about 5 hours before the boss decided it was too quiet for her to justify the big wages (!!) and she sent us all home. So I earned £50 less tax for messing up my Christmas and vowed to NEVER do that again. The following year I refused. I hear that this year (the wages are STILL £5 per hour, 4 years later!) she is unable to find drivers to work today, and she is not happy with this. Wake up, dreamer; your drivers are keeping you - not the other way round!

Top Bottom