The Metric Century (100KM) A Month Challenge ChatZone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ermm..:shy: I don't think I was as good as to log my rides back in January.. But I know I did 67m the Sunday after TheDoc's ride!
Can I start by logging properly from March on?

We are talking the Metric challenge right?
If so then log away.
The imperial challenge is a different matter...

We are talking the Metric challenge right?
If so then log away.
The imperial challenge is a different matter...

bth_cheerleader1.gif

HA! That kinda makes you my direct competition Mr Culture!! :boxing:

U

User482

26 months on the trot now for my MCC !
Planning for March !
Hopefully a midweek ride over to Tintern & Barrys Ball Buster Audax at the end of the month !
I'm doing the lvis audax too. Hope you're ready for the epic quantity of cake!

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
I'm doing the lvis audax too. Hope you're ready for the epic quantity of cake!

I'm going on a cake amnesty til then !!!

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Did another 100km ride today and got my first ever puncture at around 80k in...

Fortunately it was an absolute doddle to get the tyre off the rim and then back on again, which was lucky because I never got round to doing a dummy run at home :-0

I actually found the wheel / tyre combo easier to work with than my MTB !

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Well I did another 100km today, but I was a little annoyed when I realised it was the 31st today and not 1st April as I had originally thought! So that's three for March now!

Did a local circuit three times over today as I didn't fancy being far from home. I think this gave me a psychological boost as I finished in my fastest time yet, albeit a lot flatter route but even so I was chuffed :-)

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Well after a busy April I was running the risk of not getting a 100km ride down...so I went out for another pop at a 200km yesterday (Denmead Coastal 200) and completed it!! I recommend it as a first 200km actually in that the majority is flat terrain, but it would be worth doing during the week as the cycle lanes in Worthing / Brighton were busy at the weekend.

Going to see how my body reacts to my normal 30k route tomorrow morning...that should be fun lol

Spartak