Mezzo D10 folder, barely used

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulRide

Always at opposition
It's a lovely bike but, having bought it just over a year ago on our ride2work scheme thinking it would be jolly useful, I've found I've had no need for this amount of clever folding trickery. So I am trying to dispose of a bike that retails at over £900 and expecting to get £500 if I'm lucky. That's quite some discount for a bike that has probably done barely 150 miles.

OK, some details:D10. I'll just see if I can upload some photos of the beast.

mezzo3.jpg
(bar ends have gone on another bike)
mezzo2.jpg
It's a well thought out folder: it might not fold down quite as small as a Brommie but its hinges and catches are all very clever and easy to use. The best things about it are:

(i) it's reassuringly rigid but nice and light - 11kg, apparently;

(ii) it's easy to carry when folded and tucks away under a desk;

(iii) it actually gets pretty close the the feel of a non-folder. I've not ridden it enough to master the art of honking on 16" wheels but I doubt if that's really necessary given that it has a really good range of gears: a giant chainring up front (56T!) and a wide ranging cassette at the back and a 105 rear mech.

I've modified it ever so slightly by changing the riser bars for flats and adding bar ends, but can include the original bars. I have also bought some shimano M324 pedals (again, originals can be supplied).

If you're interested, PM me.

OP
OP
PaulRide

PaulRide

Always at opposition
[QUOTE 1456384"]
If only you were posting in a few weeks.
[/quote]

I'm happy to post again in a few weeks. Would that help?

Although this bike is up there with bromptons in terms of build quality (in my opinion - I test rode both, and preferred this, despite the higher price) it doesn't have the profile or reputation to make it sell as quickly as bromptons do, so I think there's a good chance of this still being around in a few weeks time.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The difference in folded size isn't huge, iirc (although I think I remember the fold being slightly more complex).

I plumped for a Brompton in the end, but the Mezzos are corking little bikes with a great ride. Definitely worth a look if you're after a folder.

OP
OP
PaulRide

PaulRide

Always at opposition
Nice kitchen and floor

Thanks Tundragumski! The kitchen was built by a keen cyclist (in fact two keen cyclists - the chap who designed it is a cyclist but his fitter is even more of a cyclist). And the floor has now been sanded and sealed three times. Once by me when we moved in 9 years ago, then again after we had the new kitchen fitted, and then again when it became obvious that the chaps who sealed it after the kitchen works had not done a very good job. So I know that floor well.

Top Bottom