Michael Bubble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Insipid, moribund, MOR ............... Heard him trying to sing Nina Simone's - Feeling Good. It was an underwhelming performance of a great song. He ruined it IMHO.

His luke warm manufactured voice seems to be on every radio channel at the moment. Some one must think he's good ................ but who? Don't hide where ever you are ............

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Not good?

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
OK the verion of Feeling Good you post is marginally better than the one I heard him sing last night but I still feel underwhelmed. His voice isn't that strong, tuneful but not strong or much passion, most of the time he is singing in a very limited range almost monotone which is fine for moribund MOR background musak for which he seems to have had a lot a success but give him a demanding song needing real passion and he falls well short IMHO. The second Youtube song you post - Quando quando is typical of the song he excels at - MOR background musak.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I don't know how someone who sings songs from 2-3 generations ago, in the style of someone from 2-3 generations ago and yet he has an annoying/average voice gets away with it. I've seen him in interviews and he's a big-head as well. Just to add insult to injury at his immense good fortune, he has managed to bag himself a stunning Argentinian model. You've got to hand it to the guy though, he's done awfully well for himself considering his very limited talent. I immediately changed radio channel the other day only to find the same crap Christmas song in his crap voice on the channel I changed over to :banghead:

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
I don't know how someone who sings songs from 2-3 generations ago, in the style of someone from 2-3 generations ago and yet he has an annoying/average voice gets away with it. I've seen him in interviews and he's a big-head as well. Just to add insult to injury at his immense good fortune, he has managed to bag himself a stunning Argentinian model. You've got to hand it to the guy though, he's done awfully well for himself considering his very limited talent. I immediately changed radio channel the other day only to find the same crap Christmas song in his crap voice on the channel I changed over to :banghead:

I am guessing you are a not a fan? His girl friend an Argentinian model perhaps causing a little bit of envy? I don't dislike his songs as such, just that they are rather boring and tedious when heard so often as is the case at the moment being Christmas. When he attempts to cover a song such as Nina Simone's Feeling Good that she sung perfectly first time around he has got to be pretty damn good to pull it off or give something new to the song. He has failed on both counts. He's also lost a fair bit of weight as well.

Harry Connick Jr, whatever happened to him? From what I remember of him he had a better voice than Bubble.

Top Bottom