Michelin World Tour Bike Tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Some of you may have read about my tyre fitting woes on the Fettling thread, and the last time I looked the only new tan wall tyres were outrageously expensive.

However, I've just found these:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/michelin-world-tour-bike-tyre

A pair of which would be within budget, in a style I would like. It would be nice to have a ready replacement as both the current pair I have are surely nearing the end of their lives...

However, I have never used Michelen tyres before, and they really do seem in the 'Too cheap to be true category"... Does anyone have any direct experience of them? Or Michelen tyres in general?

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I put a pair on my daughters '70s Coventry Eagle and I have them on a couple of vintage bikes.
If they had them in 27" tan wall I'd buy some.

vickster

Legendary Member
Some of you may have read about my tyre fitting woes on the Fettling thread, and the last time I looked the only new tan wall tyres were outrageously expensive.

However, I've just found these:

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/michelin-world-tour-bike-tyre

A pair of which would be within budget, in a style I would like. It would be nice to have a ready replacement as both the current pair I have are surely nearing the end of their lives...

However, I have never used Michelen tyres before, and they really do seem in the 'Too cheap to be true category"... Does anyone have any direct experience of them? Or Michelen tyres in general?

Michelin pro 4 endurance are very good tyres. And their tubes are far better than those awful Continental ones with the flying cores!!

Fitted a pair to my wife’s bike. They smelt very strongly of rubber when I opened the package when it came in the post which suggests they are hard compound tyres.
They seem to hold the air well but I’d be hesitant to corner anything. It gently with them.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Bought a pair of these down here for my old Trek road bike and have been excellent, apart from going a bit 'square'.

IMG_20220722_175544.jpg

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Thanks for the input everyone, I think I'll go for them. At £20 for a pair you can't really go wrong, can you?

No idea how much life is left in these, I suspect not much, but it'll be good to have a ready replacement for when the inevitable happens.

IMG_20220722_170657437_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom