Mid ESSEX February Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
...although I got very cold ears. I'm looking forward to the arrival of the CycleChat Buff to keep 'em warm!

Peter

ianrauk said:
Well it was fair weather yesterday.. in fact almost perfect cycling weather.. :thumbsup:
OK, I'll rephrase - over 6C and dry(ish) roads - now that's perfect cycling conditions ;)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
You looked as though you were enjoying yourself yesterday SD - I reckon the hangover thing was just a ruse... :laugh:

Hehehe, yup it was great fun! :biggrin:
The hangover didn't really develop properly, which is surprising given the delightful combination of things consumed on Friday evening :tongue:

Shame you missed this one Peter. The cold was only really noticable when we stopped. Also managed to get warmed up in the pub by sitting next to a real roaring fire - shame some great lump was camped right next to it and probably blocking the warmth :sad::sad:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Hey everyone,

Really sorry I couldnt make it! With the early morning ice, my rear wheel bearings knackered and a lot of ghost shifting going on, I thought it was best to sit it out!

Whats a shame as a weather conditions ended up quite good later in the day, but the aforementioned bearing are worrying me!

However the photos looked good and I missed out there what looked a wicked time and cycle!

I shall do better next time!

David

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif, your right, and I am well impressed with your cycle! MASSIVE!!

The bearings would not last the bumps of london am sure, they are just working on the 8 mile daily work cycle, but my new rear wheel is on its way! Got a new front one as gotta have it matching! hehe!

But yes, next time, now I now theres someone local! I do fancy the end of month surrey one, once I know whats what!

Happy Anniversary Mid Essex CycleChat Ride - one week old today.
28h2wps.jpg

Now I am embarking on a much tougher adventure than the fabulous 'Tour de BoaB' - I'm off to IKEA! ;)

Actually, in this photo, it is possible to see the green shoots of recovery if you look closely enough. Have a lovely weekend!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
dudi said:
hmmm...

I promise to make it to another one... soon. :biggrin:

Oi Dudi, whats this 79 mile ride I see with a + 17mph average ;):thumbsup:
fyi Manningtree ride coming up in May :laugh:

Top Bottom