mid life crises…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Gary Askwith said:
Thats the way youth feels insecure about the world as it comes to terms with it...its a defence mechanism...ego in a bag of skin...i thought you knew about hindu vendanta- or is that FM?

Hindu vendanta? Never heard of it. Must be FM.
I own a ventana mountainbike, which is close.

My work has touched on psychoanalysis but is more to do with social/performance theory so I'm not really used to those concepts like ego/anxiety/desire although I have worked with them.

Chris James

Über Member
Fiona N said:
I had to post the example of a friend of mine who's over 60 now. .....he takes plenty of time off for climbing (upper E grades on trad routes

That is some going for a 60 somethinger. To be honest I think you have to be far crazier to be climbing those sort of routes than you are to buy a Harley.

Most of the good old guys I have come across seem to have settled down to HVS or so, which they can climb blindfolded.

Personally I would like to climb HVS at all, but I am destined to be forever a hopeless punter.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Kirstie said:
Hindu vendanta? Never heard of it. Must be FM.
I own a ventana mountainbike, which is close.

My work has touched on psychoanalysis but is more to do with social/performance theory so I'm not really used to those concepts like ego/anxiety/desire although I have worked with them.

Apologies...somehow i dont think this is the place for a philosopical discussion about the vendanta mythology and its corrolation with quantum physics/cosmology insights..that was done in the sixties by those far more qualified to do so than me ;)

Top Bottom