Mid-Pro bike for Jogle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Allen Lang-Norris

Hello everyone

I have become 100% in love with cycling in the past two years, I literally cannot imagine life without it! Also I'd like to say all the posts in here are fantastic I have picked up a load of info so thank you.

OK, I have become addicted to cycling tours and expeditions in the last year, I live in Rutland and last year I cycled to Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham, Southampton and rounded it all off with a cycle to Paris. I love it. This year a friend and I will be doing the JOGLE for the Teenage Cancer Trust and to be honest my Scott Roadster S1 is on its last legs (wheels) the frame is amazing and so are the tyres but the rest is dying. I am after a really good Mid-Pro range road bike I don't know what anyone would recommend? In this age of austerity I will be looking at second hand bike circa £500 or less (ideally less) It will of course need to be able to carry my rear racks and I have been told by my cycling club that I am a powerful cyclist (think Wiggos body with Hoys quads, sort of) so that too will need to go into consideration.

I really appreciate any help

Thanks

Allen

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Why dont you keep the frame and get new wheels? My guess is your chainring and cassette (rear gears) may be worn too, so replace those and get a new chain and you have the bike you want for £300 with decent spec. stuff. If you're not confident enough of what you need, find out where the best bike shop in your region is (can't help there) and they will help you upgrade.

Top Bottom