Mid-summer get-together 2008?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
6 months from now.
Just an idea and to register interest.
Over a long weekend maybe?
Somewhere scenic and fairly central: Derbyshire/Yorkshire?

Interested?

Hmmmmm...

Bigtallfatbloke

Possibly, depending on where and when..and my touring dates etc...also on if there is free beer and topless waitress service;);):rolleyes:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, Spandex, I am planning on being there. It has been mentioned that some peeps are staying at a camp site. I would much prefer a Bed and Breakfast place, at a pub, or a small hotel. Preferably near the racecourse. Are you able to suggest anywhere. If it was near the camp site, that would be good, so that I could join in any evening "entertainment" :biggrin:without having too far to go at the end of the evening :becool:;).

My other thoughts are that in "mid-summer" some people might be on their main (two week) holiday, so May might be a better time to get together.
I would like to know what other people think.

The Daily Llamer will be in Nottingham with several thousand boodists that weekend so B&Bs will be thin on the ground. Premier Inn had some rooms last time I looked.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
May might be better than June - I agree with Speicher that people tend to be away more in June. For us, June's looking likely for our big trip, so I'd prefer May myself.

mondobongo

Über Member
I'm planning to be there, could be fun organising a ride to cater for the Roadies and the MTB'ers.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Speicher said:
What about West Bridgeford? that looks closer on the map than Nottingham to the Race course. Can you get by public transport between West Bridgeford and the race course?

The problem with Nottingham transport is all the busses run into town. So from West Bridgeford you would need to get the 11 into Town then the 44/45 back out. Or just get the 11 so far then walk the rest of the way.
I will be there.

gbb

Legendary Member
Whats the show in May ??
West Bridgefords not far fom old home territory, so i'd be interested.
Its only an hours drive from P'boro anyway

Speicher

Vice Admiral
mickle said:
The Daily Llamer will be in Nottingham with several thousand boodists that weekend so B&Bs will be thin on the ground. Premier Inn had some rooms last time I looked.

Much faffing about on Internet proves you may be right.
I have made a reservation at one of the Premier Inns in Nottingham, one being fully booked, one has (at this time) 29 rooms left. Room rates are the same whether you book a single or a double :biggrin:. Is there 58 other peeps who want to join me.? :becool:

Betty Swollocks, I would still be interested in a get-together if you are thinking of, and kind enough to organise one. The only drawback being that I was a complete beginner on cycling, and then hurt my back, so at the mo, I cannot do any cycling, and therefore would not be able to/fit enough to cover any great distance. I would still like to meet forummers, as you all seem such a friendly group of peoples.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Joe24 said:
The problem with Nottingham transport is all the busses run into town. So from West Bridgeford you would need to get the 11 into Town then the 44/45 back out. Or just get the 11 so far then walk the rest of the way.
I will be there.

Thank you for that info. I thought that might be the case, so have now found accommodation in the Centre, on the basis that there might be buses late back from the event or people would be going into town centre for imbibing of various liquid refreshments.

Dave5N

Über Member
mondobongo said:
I'm planning to be there, could be fun organising a ride to cater for the Roadies and the MTB'ers.

You would need two rides TBH.

Onraod for MTB and off-road for proper riders.:tongue:

Would make each group realise the merits and difficulties of the other cmp's calling.

Dave5N

Über Member
mondobongo said:

You would need two rides TBH.

On-road for MTB and off-road for proper riders.:tongue:

Would make each group realise the merits and difficulties of the other camp's calling.

Top Bottom