'Mid Weight' Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lizban

Bit chilly this morning and whilst not quite there yet it will be time to ditch the fingerless mitts for the morning run. I've some great winter gloves but these are too warm for Autum and spring. Can anyone recommend some mid weight gloves? Suitable for SPring or late summer?

Origamist

Legendary Member
Bit chilly this morning and whilst not quite there yet it will be time to ditch the fingerless mitts for the morning run. I've some great winter gloves but these are too warm for Autum and spring. Can anyone recommend some mid weight gloves? Suitable for SPring or late summer?

I have some long-fingered Specialized MTB gloves when it gets a bit chillier and a pair of Gore Bike Wear Alp X II WINDSTOPPER gloves for autumn and early spring when it gets colder. I sometimes use a glove liner under my finglerless gloves too. I keep the baking mitts for sub zero riding.

In fact, I think I have 5 pairs of cycling gloves/combos for various conditions...

Look to see if there is a long fingered version of your short fingered gloves... if your short ones are good enough for you (padding/fit) then hopefully the longs should be fine too :smile:

Or, I wear basic £1 gloves under my fingerless mitts.

Jezston

Über Member
THREAD HIJACK!

Can anyone recommend some really toasty warm gloves for when it gets proper cold again?

Last winter I was wearing Gore slim underlayer and windstopper over gloves, and my fingertips were still frozen.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i've got some long fingered Gore windproof ones and they are brilliant! they look like a thin version of the altura winter ones. wore them today coz it was a bit chilly, but they are thin enough to wear now and thick enough to see me right up to the winter period, but they are not too thick so i can still do stuff with them on ... like pick my nose :whistle: (only joking... my nostrils aren't that big!)

buggi

Bird Saviour
THREAD HIJACK!

Can anyone recommend some really toasty warm gloves for when it gets proper cold again?

Last winter I was wearing Gore slim underlayer and windstopper over gloves, and my fingertips were still frozen.

i find the Altura ones with the inner liner really really good. the liner is made of a very warm material and fit snugly over the hand, and the two layers provide the extra warmth needed. i find the altura gloves that don't have the liner (my previous gloves) are made of a cooler material so your hands are cool before you even go out (i didn't notice the material was cooler until i had bought the liner gloves). the gloves with the liner are made of the same material but the liner really makes a difference

one of my (almost pro) cyclist mates said that silk glove liners in any glove are excellent too! don't know where to get them from though. i've noticed he uses ski gloves during the winter.

beastie

Guru
THREAD HIJACK!

Hi Jetzson

i have a pair of Chiba's and my hands were sweaty in -7C last winter.

Back to the OP, light-mid weight gloves.
Altura Microfleece gloves, cheap, comfy and warm for the crisp mornings, but certainly not bulky so I am not sure how they will do in the coldest parts of winter, but they are lovely at 6am at the moment.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
THREAD HIJACK!

Bought & wore a pair of Altura Night Vision gloves last winter - keep my fingers nice & toasty and despite feeling bulky I had no issues with using the STi levers on the road bike whilst wearing them.

Top Bottom