Midsummer Madness London Ride plus Peaks of Lewisham 20th/21st June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saoirse50

Veteran
As part of our Bike Week Celebrations, the South East London LCC groups are running two mid week rides. Firstly, the Peaks of Lewisham is Lewisham Cyclists little jaunt
Thursday 20th June: Our Famous Peaks of Lewisham Ride: Meet Greenwich Cutty Gardens at 6.30pm
See London in all its glory from Lewisham’s amazing viewpoints. Some of the best in London. Yes, there are hills, but its a short ride and we’ll wait for those who walk. Ending up in the Dulwich Woodhouse for a social drink. About 15-20 miles. Till about 9pm.
Followed later that same night/early morning by
This year’s Midsummer Madness ride: Start: Cutty Sark Gardens in Greenwich at 02:00 on the morning of the solstice. We then stop at Southwark Needle by London Bridge to collect more riders.
Previous years have seen hundreds of London cyclists foregoing their beauty sleep, giddy with excitement at the prospect of experiencing the rise of the midsummer sun. Overcast skies and rain are no deterrent, for Midsummer Madness is a community happening, fun whatever the weather. Francis Sedgemore is leading this one.
  • 02:00 – Set off from Cutty Sark Gardens, SE10 9LW
  • 02:30 – Collect more riders at Southwark Needle, SE1 2SY
  • 03:00 – Stop for coffee and a chat at Bar Italia in Soho
  • 04:30 – Reach the top of Primrose Hill
  • 04:40 – Sunrise!
Following the sunrise some will cycle back across the river for breakfast in a Southwark café, before heading for work or home to sleep. Others will hang around Primrose Hill or do their own thing, with all bidding a fond farewell to friends old and new, promising to return next year for more of the same.
So, you are welcome to do one or both of these rides (somehow I have to summon the energy and willpower to doing both, seeing as I have committed to leading the first and backmarking the second. If I can do it, anyone can.

OP
OP
saoirse50

saoirse50

Veteran
I'm bumping this up again, to remind you all it's this week. Or are you lot too lightweight to take on the double?

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
MM being a school night unfortunately rules it out for me - I have to be at my desk with a functioning brain on the Friday!

I'd jump at it if it were at the weekend.

U

User10571

If you've a map (how quaint) of the route or a gps thingy, I'll be able to figure out how, where and if I'll be able to intercept P of L ride on my way home from the Dark Satanic Mill (work).

U

User10571

See if this works- I have just mapped the Lewisham Cyclists collective memory of the ride. The original ride leader isn't around and my original version had a few out of borough hills which I have been commanded to omit. Is this close to your memory of it, User10571?
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/229828391
Hard to tell.
It's asking me to log in / register, before I can see anything useful.

Not seen that before...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hard to tell.
It's asking me to log in / register, before I can see anything useful.

Not seen that before...
Odd, I'm not registered on the site but I can scroll down and see the map. There's a strange double route bit around the back of Hornimans but I guess that's an inclinophile's variation.

Top Bottom