MIK help....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I baught the Bontrager MIK Commuter Double Pannier.. The two are stitched together where the MIK plate is. Id really like to be able to use that on the rack.. And then have a MIK trunk/backpack on top.. But i cant figure out a way to use both the trunk/backpack and the panniers on the MIK. Basically i have to loop the backpack straps around to hold it.. But thats very inconvenient. I need the MIK used on the Panniers so it can stay on the bike locked. And the backpack to MIK on top of the 1st MIK plate thats being used. Ive seen this but dont know anyone who has one. https://www.basil.com/en/mik-double-decker-black.html Is this what i need?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sorry can't help but looking at info on link and info given presumably yes but not sure try it ?

This didn't help https://road.cc/content/review/bontrager-mik-commuter-double-pannier-283159

Or do the 4 screws ( in 3rd picture) on the panniers central piece line up under the holes in the the adapter plate you link ?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Bontrager is one of Trek's inhouse brands. I suggest you contact them directly for help, either in UK or US.

Hello 👋 and :welcome: to the forum.

OP
OP
M

MorbidMonkey

I found out that yes thats the one I need. Bontrager dont make it.. But after watching like 5 vids i found one that showed it.. Basil does. Its like 20 bucks.. Gonna be the last peice i can get for a while. Kinda broke after buying the bike and getting it outfitted. Still need a front rack to hang my other 2 panniers on. But waiting to find one used. Either that ore get some Shwalbes for tires and do 35mm. Not sure how much difference 2 mm will make. BUt i just dont feel comfortable riding it on dirt roads around here. The pointy rocks and small stones get shot out like a bb gun from under the tires. So im thinking ill go 35mm and tubeless to go lower pressure. Times have certainly changed from i was biking years ago. Now everything is so expensive. Liked it better when i was a kid and there was only 10 speeds and BMX.. They were all super simliar and cheap to fix.

Top Bottom