Mike Burrows, very sad news

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It was announced on the BHPVC FB page yesterday that Mike Burrow's health has taken a very bad turn. He's been having treatment for lung cancer, which seemed under control but then got really bad really quickly. He's to be moved to a hospice for end of life care in the next day or two. Those who've spoken to him recently say that he's in very good spirits, but that he's really pissed off that he won't get to finish the Soup Dragon streamliner project.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sad news.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Really sorry to hear this - Mike's been a proper inspiration and such an iconic influence on human-powered transport; usually in the most interesting, niche and under-developed areas.

:sad:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Oh dear - he is based literally a cpl of miles down the road from me. Never met him but watched the GCN+ documentary about him a cpl of months ago. Revolutionary guy.

Always wanted a Giant Halfway, such a revolutionary folding bike that is super compact and makes dealing with punctures so easy.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Does anyone have any updates? I replied to the thread on Facebook. I hope he's kept pain free and has a peaceful end. So sad. I wish him and his family all the best.
If anyone on here knows him, please pass on my regards from the girl who sent him a letter admiring his black hair.
So sad.

Petrichorwheels

all the best mike.
saw him at an engineering soc event once on the science (ie not waffle) of the bicycle wheel and he spoke much sense.
Also, he was once pointed out to ignorant me on the Dunwich Dynamo - quietly sat at the middle-of-the-night food stop munching on something or other. Maybe he was testing out some new fangled but practical thing.

Top Bottom