Mike Kowal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MissyR

I have a friend building me a bike up as I do love the look of old steel bike. Apparently it's a Mike Kowal Reynolds 531 (he thinks) I've been trying to find out as much as possible about the builder etc but the web isn't throwing much up. So, I thought you guys might be able to help tell me some things about Mr Kowal and some pictures of his bikes/frames would be nice.

midlife

Guru

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I have two! When building actual frames, he was based in a unit in a little place called Weeford on the A5 close to Lichfield. I think it was a victim of the Birmingham Northern Relief Road. He brazed the frames together and his wife did all the painting including some rather nice air brushing on mine.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have two! When building actual frames, he was based in a unit in a little place called Weeford on the A5 close to Lichfield. I think it was a victim of the Birmingham Northern Relief Road. He brazed the frames together and his wife did all the painting including some rather nice air brushing on mine.
You learn something new everyday on cycle chat

OP
OP
MissyR

MissyR

Oooh nice do you have some pictures I can drool over

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Here is your first serving @MissyR This is the fixed gear I had built. It was meant for short rides hence only one set of bottle cage bosses. I know it has no bar tape. This is one job I both hate and can't do very well. I'm waiting for the chance to get it to the LBS. I have tried to pick up come of the paint details but this was only ever meant as a cheaper training bike. It has Columbus tubing.

image.jpg

OP
OP
MissyR

MissyR

So I got some updated pics of the bike.... getting excited!! Should be ready next week :smile: Just waiting on a shorter quill and the new chainset.

20160401_133920_zpsnogebcg1.jpg

FOT7A0D_zpsmsleg64d.jpg

FOTAB50_zpsmmmesuir.jpg

20160410_115015_zps3ept4yln.jpg

Top Bottom