Mikes Myton Ride

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Sunday 24th March, for the Myton Hospice, no set fee, just a recommendation of a minimum £5 donation, all proceeds going to the Hospice. The HQ is at the Warwickshire Health Club in Leek Wootton.
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=cv35+7qt&hl=en&ll=52.313241,-1.576281&spn=0.008986,0.022724&safe=off&hnear=Leek+Wootton+CV35+7QT,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&t=m&z=16
The road marked deansway of the roundabout, theres a long route and a short route.

https://www.facebook.com/Mikes.Myton

http://mikevaughan.co.uk/mikes-myton-ride/

robgul

Legendary Member
Is there a route map available? (I don't do Facebook if it's there .... !) I've seen the list of villages but a map would be good.

Rob

robgul

Legendary Member
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Thanks - the shorter route is pretty crude with just a series of straight lines? ... I've replotted what it's probably supposed to look like - seems quite a pleasant tootle. I plan to be driven there, ride it and then ride back to home to SuA.

Rob

I've had a look at the short route and it does follow the roads, I zoomed it in and it looks OK

robgul

Legendary Member
I've had a look at the short route and it does follow the roads, I zoomed it in and it looks OK

The map on ridewithgps follows the roads but the .gpx download as a "route" is straight lines - yet the .gpx "track" follows roads OK.

No problem - I have my own version ready to use.

Rob

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

The map on ridewithgps follows the roads but the .gpx download as a "route" is straight lines - yet the .gpx "track" follows roads OK.

No problem - I have my own version ready to use.

Rob

OK,

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Unfortunately this ride has been postponed due to the snow.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

This was a ride that didn't go to plan, unfortunately I tweaked my back at work on Friday, now I'm OK standing, OK sitting , but moving between the two is uncomfortable, on the bike climbing is uncomfortable but I'm OK on the flat and on descents. I abandoned my plans to do the long ride and instead turned out on the short route, rode it with a couple and a bloke on a brakeless fixed, I navigated us round and only made one mistake, we ended up in Warwick, had to take the road out towards the M40 island then turn and go over the foot bridge over the motorway to get back on course, not bad when I'd only studied the short route for ten minutes before I came out. With riding to and from the event I did 69 miles, not my best Sunday on the bike but it was worth it as we were riding for a good cause.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

Not a bad ride when suffering with a bad back, Dave!

I was disappointed at not being able to do the long route but had to be realistic about it, I need it to settle down before we go back to work Tuesday, we don't get paid when we're off, just the statuary sick pay the government pay, at about £70 a week that doesn't even pay my food bills.

Top Bottom