Milan San Remo 2017 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Kwiat finally fulfilling his potential after a couple of lean years.
His palmares ain't too shoddy at all, good to see him back winning, and not bad to have already won Strade Bianche and MSR this year - he might be the Classics rider that Sky have been looking for...

gk09

Good 'injection' of pace by Team Sky at the end there......

The way that Sagan rode that race was spectacular. In these days of power meters and earpiece directions from the team car it was so great to see the classiest rider of his generation just let rip with such passion. Sure the guy from the team renowned for its obsession with numbers and earpiece directions did in fact cross the line first and will be recorded as the winner but to me, Sagan was the real winner. If only more would ride like him.

SWSteve

Guru
His palmares ain't too shoddy at all, good to see him back winning, and not bad to have already won Strade Bianche and MSR this year - he might be the Classics rider that Sky have been looking for...

Didn't he ride away from Sagan in 2015 at strade Bianche? I remember seeing a great silhouette photo

oldroadman

Veteran
The way that Sagan rode that race was spectacular. In these days of power meters and earpiece directions from the team car it was so great to see the classiest rider of his generation just let rip with such passion. Sure the guy from the team renowned for its obsession with numbers and earpiece directions did in fact cross the line first and will be recorded as the winner but to me, Sagan was the real winner. If only more would ride like him.
employers like rider like Mr Sagan, he's good for a quirky quote and gets plenty of airtime. They like their riders to win races and get their hands - and brands - in the air too. So about even, Sagan with panache but wasted himself a bit with impetuous attacks, where Kwiat. rode clever and had enough juice for the win.
The last 30km were a bit special, about right for MSR, about 270km done, look after yourself and then really go to it. Ronda and PR next...."0nly" about 250-260km depending on routing variations - easy.......:whistle:

Adam4868

Guru
Kwiatowski averaged 635w for 1.05 with a peak of 934w reacting to Sagan's attack.Kwiatowski was and still is one hell of a rider.Maybe he's found himself as a classics rider.
Backed him quite a few times last year and got no returns,this year is looking better .

Buddfox

Veteran
Kwiatowski averaged 635w for 1.05 with a peak of 934w reacting to Sagan's attack.Kwiatowski was and still is one hell of a rider.Maybe he's found himself as a classics rider.
Backed him quite a few times last year and got no returns,this year is looking better .

... which was after having ridden about 280km I think? Respectable...

Top Bottom