Mileage Covered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Octavia reached a bit of a milestone yesterday (Wed 31st)

KN11 RPZ. 150000. 31 March 2021.jpg

It came up on York Ring-Road, near Poppleton
(where the 2-story McDonalds is)

The car is a July 2011 registration, & l’ve owned it since March 2012 (bought with circa 7,000 miles recorded)

It only took a few days over 5 years ownership to cover the first 100,000miles (in July 2016)

So, it's now taken 4 years & 8months. to cover half that distance
It certainly shows the change of useage, with Joanne not undertaking the same amount of travelling in it for consultancy work

gbb

Legendary Member
The Octavia can be a very reliable car, a colleague sold his 2001 TDI estate with well in excess of 230k miles on it, it's still going with another colleague, original turbo, had the usual bits replaced but was an extraordinarily good car for him.
He still has his 2002 (I think) Octavia VRS which again has done many miles. A very punchy car even in standard VRS form....and a lunatic car once mapped :laugh:

Cerdic

I really like Octavias. A couple of years back, I borrowed one from work to do a 650 mile round trip one day. I got home still feeling reasonably fresh!

Of all the VW brands, Skoda is the one I would choose.

The Octavia can be a very reliable car, a colleague sold his 2001 TDI estate with well in excess of 230k miles on it, it's still going with another colleague, original turbo, had the usual bits replaced but was an extraordinarily good car for him.
He still has his 2002 (I think) Octavia VRS which again has done many miles. A very punchy car even in standard VRS form....and a lunatic car once mapped :laugh:
Yes, preventative maintenance, like any car is good for them
Especially a good quality oil, & filters

Mine was remapped about 4 years ago, it's on a par with the earlier vRS model
It's far more flexible, better MPG, acceleration - particularly for overtaking (I'll still change down a gear, for a more immediate response)
The emissions were better too

The only downside is a slight touch of 'pinking', but that's probably the way I drive; setting off at low-revs, & changing up (maybe?) too early
The fuelling may not allow for that??

This one was on the Owners Club FB pages
I'm not sure of the age though, but the dash marks it as a 'mark 1' (96 - 03??)

Do-able.jpg

I really like Octavias. A couple of years back, I borrowed one from work to do a 650 mile round trip one day. I got home still feeling reasonably fresh!

Of all the VW brands, Skoda is the one I would choose.

Likewise, particularly instead of the 'rings':okay:
Barring, maybe a RS6 Avant V8?
Or a Scania V8, just for the sound:wub:

c0761c3cdb6a5e36797c3a1ac5b3984f.jpg

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Colleague with the VRS knows folk (personally or via the internet) who have remapped their VRS, something he considered, and people quickly found once remapped, their cars became tyre shredders, just too much power. He dropped the idea funnily enough.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, preventative maintenance, like any car is good for them
Especially a good quality oil, & filters

Mine was remapped about 4 years ago, it's on a par with the earlier vRS model
It's far more flexible, better MPG, acceleration - particularly for overtaking (I'll still change down a gear, for a more immediate response)
The emissions were better too

The only downside is a slight touch of 'pinking', but that's probably the way I drive; setting off at low-revs, & changing up (maybe?) too early
The fuelling may not allow for that??
View attachment 581860

This one was on the Owners Club FB pages
I'm not sure of the age though, but the dash marks it as a 'mark 1' (96 - 03??)

View attachment 581859

Likewise, particularly instead of the 'rings':okay:
Barring, maybe a RS6 Avant V8?
Or a Scania V8, just for the sound:wub:

View attachment 581858
Slightly misleading/simplistic.

Volkswagen Group own those companies, VW Group being a business entity only.

Volkswagen AG the car manufacturer own nothing other than themselves, and are in turn owned by Volkswagen group.

Last edited:

Cerdic

Well, whatever the ins and outs of the corporate structure, Audi, Skoda, Seat, and VW cars all share platforms, mechanical bits, and interior switchgear etc!

I would agree about the RS6. The only Audi I've driven that made me think "hmmm, I'd quite like one of these"!

Top Bottom