Million £ traders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Missed the start - which must have been where they explained how to play the game, because most of what followed seemed to be contrary to common sense!

Felt a bit sorry for the guy who left. I didn't think it was right the way he couldn't at least come back for a drink with the 'team'. There seems to be a 'love you when you're winning - don't want to know you otherwise' attitude.

MarkF

Guru
Very interesting, so, they don't just walk in, sit down, press a few buttons and hey presto! Another squillion quid.

The gone guy was useless, he didn't understand that being good at one thing doesn't make you good at everything, he couldn't come to terms with that.

MarkF said:
Very interesting, so, they don't just walk in, sit down, press a few buttons and hey presto! Another squillion quid.

The gone guy was useless, he didn't understand that being good at one thing doesn't make you good at everything, he couldn't come to terms with that.

I disagree. I think he was pretty accurate and accepting in his assessment of himself. At least he assembled a portfolio and had a good go at it.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Why do they keep persevering with that girl who's scared of investing?! She's been like that for weeks now.

ChrisKH

Guru
Yes, I saw it last week as well. Their office is across the road from me at work. When the useless bird had a sob outside with Anton last week it was to the left of Tower 42 on Old Broad Street.

It escapes me why a qualified vet would want to try this. She struck me as a Daddy's girl who had an enormously expensive education, qualifies as a vet and then realises, actually, it might be hard work.

None of them appears to have a balanced portfolio except the older lady who performed best as a result.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I was kind of half-witnessing this while cleaning out the fish tank in the next room. They did seem pretty hapless for the most part - especially that dizzy woman who daren't make a move for fear of losing money. Maybe you're not cut out for this game, hmmmm? I did feel sorry for the chap who gambled on Wolseley falling, then had to sit there watching them go up, and up, and up...

Greedo

I watched this last night and watched it last week as well.

Good editing as it certainly gets the blood flowing in getting me so annoyed at stupid and thick people with no logic whatsoever.

Before I get started, the old boy was useless. Worse than a man short. He had no idea what he was doing, couldn't grasp the concept, was lazy, a total distraction to others in the office, and although yes, as someone said at least he built a portfolio, he did it with no real thought process. He would have been better at throwing darts at a board. He was the very defination of a busy fool. Plus all he ever seemed to be doing was eating bowls of cereal or doing dishes!! I'd have been going mental at him.

The posh girl who is too scared to trade should have been given the boot as well. She's in her early 20's but keeps being called an ex vet. Surely she was only a vet for a year at the most.

It astounds me how very few of them are using any thought process in what they are doing. Why is it only 4 of them show any kind of commonsense.

Surely to succeed at this game you have to keep things simple. The slightest thing or piece of news can send parts of the market soaring or falling in freefall so you have to be aware of whats happening in the world.

So if you are investing in everything and anything you will just be chasing your tale all the time. Therefore you pick a few sectors that interest you. Healthcare, Construction, retail, oil, gas, banking, drinks, manufacturing, whatever, and you spread your bets accross a few and when something happens in one sector you can react to it quickly as you understand those sectors and what impact it will have. IE if you have shares in a haulage company and oil prices go up you understand what this will do to your shares.

That so called vet. Why was she not investing in drug companies, agriculture companies, food companies etc... things she understands and can relate to if something happens in that sector.

I've worked with people like this in the past who are too scared to do their job. Sales people who go all round the houses gathering info about a company and how many they employ and what their turnover is and what the CEOs name, what kind of car he drives, what school his kids go to etc..... JUST PICK UP THE PHONE!! It's that simple. If you're too scared to pick up the phone at the start you always will be. It will never change. Go and do something else that doesn't scare you!

It just goes to show you that the scouse boy who seems hungry to succeed and has a bit of a brain will trounce silver spooned vet girl every time.

Anyway rant over!!

Oh and another thing. That Anton guy running the hedgefund is too soft on them.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I have only seen last nights episode but what i saw was a first class lesson in how NOT to manage a team. I refer to The idiot bully boy underling of the bloke with the cash. What is th epoint it building a team, giving them no training or support, then bullying them when they dont meet expectations. Sure the old geezer was a bit of a net curtain wimp...but he had a point when he siad he could not do what he did not know how to do...if I were the bloke witht he cash I would have been asking the underling wtf he was doing to help those in the team who were struggling. H ehad three good players and three with problems...all he had to do was get the other three to operate on a similar basis to the first three...show them how to think/act etc...it's called 'Coaching'....and I suspect he was getting paid to do some of it...but Oh no...he has to adopt the age old macho city flyer nob attitude and treat people lile shite...he sia dthey had had enough time...maybe true, but what did he do in that time to change them?? Nothing...just sat there and made them feel crap...so they jus tkept doing the same things wrong again and again....I've seen that approach in real life first hand at Godsells...it really was a lesson in BAD management.

Apeman

Über Member
Forget Million dollar gredy buggers---did anyone watch Nick Crane cycling around Ireland in the rain tonight. He is one top guy exploring the best country for cycling in---in the rain! We like it as we are used to it!!!!

asterix

Comrade Member
Yes what a breath of literally fresh air by comparison. I have cycled a little in Ireland, from Dublin into the Wicklow hills based from an old camper van we had in those days.

Very friendly people despite the troubles still being fresh in people's minds at that time. We were lucky as it was mostly sunny!

Greedo

Did you see the final one last night.

Amazing how the people under performing and ear marked for the bullet walked out on "principal" when the stupid vet girl got asked to go. Amazing Eh!!

Always the same. The ones behind target and not performing always seem to have strong principals and opinions in situations like this!

Top Bottom