Mincey Popovers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Were made for tea last night. Cheers Arch :biggrin:.

A new favourite recipe and the names sticking.

I've even got some batter left over to do pancakes tonight :biggrin::tongue:.

Arch

Married to Night Train
longers said:
Were made for tea last night. Cheers Arch :biggrin:.

A new favourite recipe and the names sticking.

I've even got some batter left over to do pancakes tonight :biggrin::tongue:.

Great! Glad you liked them!

Oooh, I feel like Delia Smith.:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Don't have the exact details to hand but:

Get one of those yorkshire pudding tins with the four indents. Put splash of oil or knob of dripping or lard, (whatever you prefer) in each dent, and put in oven to heat up.

Make largish (bit bigger than golf ball?) meatballs out of minced beef (or I suppose lamb) and finely chopped onion. (mix mince and onion and seasoning, and shape into balls, using flour covered hands to prevent sticking. No need to bind with egg or anything.

Place one ball in each indent of tin, and put in oven for 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, make Yorkshire pudding batter (look up recipe...). After 5 mins precooking, take tin out, and pour batter around each meatball. Put back in oven and bake until pudding is cooked - about 15 mins. (look up the temp for yorkshire pudding, I can't remember off hand)

Serve with choice of potatoes and veg, and gravy. Goes well with a dark green veg like kale or brocolli.

Sorry, amounts are a bit vague, I don't have the book to hand. It'll be either 8 or 4 ounces of mince, for 4 popovers.

Arch

Married to Night Train
TheDoctor said:
Sounds rather toad-in-the-hole-esque (and yes, I know, that's not even close to being a real word). I'll have to try them

Yes, toad-in-the-hole-esque is right. Just with meatballs.

domtyler

Über Member
Put a large Doner Kebab (cold) including the paper, plus one pint of lager (flat) into a blender and zap for about one minute. Return to the fridge to chill for ten minutes before pouring into glasses and serving with a dash of chilli sauce.

domtyler said:
Put a large Doner Kebab (cold) including the paper, plus one pint of lager (flat) into a blender and zap for about one minute. Return to the fridge to chill for ten minutes before pouring into glasses and serving with a dash of chilli sauce.

pouring into glasses ? Surely you'd just eat it off the pavement ?

Arch

Married to Night Train
graham56 said:
I`m a bit worried about,no that should be uncertain about the "knob of dripping" :smile:

:blush:

It's just like a knob of butter. One of those slightly indefinable culinary measures, like the dash or the smidgen....

graham56

Guru
Arch said:
:blush:

It's just like a knob of butter. One of those slightly indefinable culinary measures, like the dash or the smidgen....

Ah, so one is dripping and the other is yellow. Are you sure this is culinary and not medical? :smile:

Top Bottom