Mini cruise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KitsuneAndy

col said:
Im cetainly looking forward to it,and im scared of flying,so its the boat for us.

I hate heights, but fine with flying for some reason.. My missus hasn't flown before so hopefully she's fine with it!

There's so much to see there though, we had 3 days there earlier in the year and didn't get to see half of what we wanted to. Hence the second trip in December.

Abitrary

col said:
Nooo:biggrin: Im going with my wife and friends who are in couples too.Its the cruise bit and some massive market the coach is taking us too,when we get there.Oh and duty free too hopefully:smile:

A busmans holiday?

Abitrary

Hang on...

What's going to happen to bus driver question time while you're away? Have you sorted cover, set your automated out of forum reply etc?

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Er no i havnt,whatever they are?:smile:But ill be back on sunday,all refreshed and looking forwrd to two weeks off,mmm well after iv done the list of decorating jobs iv been given:sad:

Haitch

Flim Flormally
col said:
Oh and duty free too hopefully:smile:

There is no duty free in the EU any more. The shop on the boat might advertise VAT-free booze but it often costs more than it does in the local supermarket.

Arch

Married to Night Train
On a really big ship, you'll barely feel you're at sea. I'm always very disappointed with ferries for that reason. Even when I went to Orkney, I got a week of flat calm. Get up on deck, in the fresh air, and watch the sea. Being stuck indoors where the walls aren't moving when your body is, that's what sets it off.

My Mum swears by the acupressure wristbands. I believe just pressing your wrist with your thumb has the same effect, although you'd have to keep doing it all the time.

When I took a busload of sudents on a ferry to Rosslare from Fishguard, they were all popping pills while the minibus was queueing to board, convinced they would be seasick, despite the fact that many of them had never been on a ferry before. I cheerfully told them about the Herald of Free Enterprise to make them feel better...
:blush:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Alan,even amsterdam wont have duty free then?
Arch,thanks for the reminder.
Davyo cheers.
We are getting sorted tonight,so its all ready for the off tomorrow.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Just back today.loved it,different to what im used to,there was a little excitement on the first night,but im still sorting ,but will fill you all in later,and i have a few pics too,loads of bikes,lovely place,very friendly people.

KitsuneAndy

col said:
Just back today.loved it,different to what im used to,there was a little excitement on the first night,but im still sorting ,but will fill you all in later,and i have a few pics too,loads of bikes,lovely place,very friendly people.

Glad you enjoyed it :rolleyes:

The missus took a photo of the bike park next to the train station when we were last there. It's bizarre, never seen so many bikes in one place. I do wonder if anyone actually ever manages to get their bike out of the thing :biggrin:

pw2389

KitsuneAndy said:
I hate heights, but fine with flying for some reason..

Something to do with not being in direct physical connection to the ground. Means the inner ear balancing mechanism doesn't get the slight movements associated with the ground (and which are exaggerated with increasing height). Or so someone once told me...

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
KitsuneAndy said:
Glad you enjoyed it :rolleyes:

The missus took a photo of the bike park next to the train station when we were last there. It's bizarre, never seen so many bikes in one place. I do wonder if anyone actually ever manages to get their bike out of the thing :biggrin:

Do you mean what looked like a multi story bike park,i saw it as we pulled up at the victoria hotel across from the station,I couldnt believe my eyes,i was going to get a pic but forgot.

Top Bottom