Mini pumps.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simoncc

Are there any that actually work? I've had a Topeak one for years and its hopelesss, just like the one it replaced. Has technology reached the stage where these things actually do the job they claim to do? Is there some knack to using them that I haven't worked out?

I'd like one that can get a 25mm tyre up to about 50 psi reasonably quickly.

Tynan

Veteran
I used the topeak mini track one in anger last week and it worked beautifully, perhaps it's done four inflations in the last six months, gets a 23mm wheel up to damn near 100psi with no real problems, it's a very short stroke but it works for me, and it's lovely and dinky in the panier

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've never had one that can squeeze more than 80psi in without seriously damaging your arms. My solution is a Co2 pump, two spare cartridges and a pocket size mini for seating the tyre and coping with a dire emergency.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Is it for frame mounting Simon? If you've room for it, the Topeak Road Morph G will easily do double the pressure you require.

jimboalee

Zefal HPR Graph. Puts 120 in my Conti Force api sapis. Haven't seen the top of the gauge, 150 I think.

Yuppie bike shops didn't have it, so don't laugh,,, got it from Hawk on Cov' Road, Yardley... £18.99

I always used a Silca Impero, but it doesn't look right on the Spesh.

P6090007.jpg

PRK for Spesh

jimboalee

BTW, I've got a PRK made up for each bike.
Some are Presta, some are Schrader.
There's 14", 20", 26" 700C and 27" spare tubes.
Some kits have adjustable spanners, some have hex keys.

So I just grab the PRK for the bike I'm riding that day. Sorted.

OP
OP
S

simoncc

Thanks for the advice. I still think there's a conspiracy of silence about mini-pumps and their effectiveness.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blackburn Carbon one - have one, goes in my back pocket (although sticks out), but it is blooming good !!!!

Topeak Morph here as well. But most mini-pumps will get you up to the right pressure if you use the correct technique. You just have to brace the end of the pump against something.

Tynan said:
like the ground?

get he topeak mini track pump, it really does work and it's tiny
Ground or a post. I find that those metal barriers by the roadside work quite well. If you have the wheel against something vertical you can also brace your pumping arm against your thigh and use your leg to give extra oomph.

...but the Topeak Morph makes it just that little bit easier.

Top Bottom