Mini race anyone ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

I race from time to time, I normally get the idiot in his jeans and Big High Viz Jacket on his mountain bike that wants the tear past me, I let them go and just draft them for as long as they can handle it, then just blast past them.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
walker said:
I race from time to time, I normally get the idiot in his jeans and Big High Viz Jacket on his mountain bike that wants the tear past me, I let them go and just draft them for as long as they can handle it, then just blast past them.

Get them as well. They think its a race as I filter thro the traffic and stop at the lights. They jump the reds and cant decide whether to stay on the road or pavement. Usually come across them after you've already done 10 miles.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is a bloke who lives near me that was always the pain in the ass for us roadies in the area. He used to cycle in jeans and a Raleigh top, then eventually progressed to tights. We'd all see him out somewhere on his bike, and we knew he did miles and miles, probably more than we did as he was 'between jobs' for years, and always on the bike.

He'd be cycling along at 12-14 mph, and as you saw him, you'd know that even though you were doing 23-25, he'd latch on as you passed - you couldn't shake him, he would just sit there annoying you - he never spoke, even if you slowed to chat....blooming annoying - still see him these days, 20 years on.

He even chased us in a car with bikes on the roof coming back from racing... total head he ball, but obviously pretty fit, but no idea.

Top Bottom