Mini Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So had a meeting with my boss this afternoon. That's just giving you an idea of mood.

Cycling down the South Circular towards the A20 roundabout, the road splits from two lanes to three. Usually everyone piles into the left and right hand sides at the top of the hill and sorts themselves out at the bottom. Today however for some reason there was a large gap (large enough for a smart car) down the list of left so I went for it. All good for about 30 yards and then Mr Mondeo man decides he's going to go into it without checking his mirror. Starts to move, realises I'm there and stops. Then he beeps me. So I stop.

Now I accept people make mistakes but if you beep me it means you wish to speak to me. So at least do me the courtesy of speaking to me. Don't sit there with the windows up pretending it wasn't you. You feckin tool. And to the guy in the car behind who also then beeped, yes I did tell you to feck off too but I do believe you heard me.

Rant over

fimm

Veteran
Does this give us the opportunity to take the P out of you for being 6 foot whatever-it-is again? ;)
Have a :hugs:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
So had a meeting with my boss this afternoon. That's just giving you an idea of mood.

Cycling down the South Circular towards the A20 roundabout, the road splits from two lanes to three. Usually everyone piles into the left and right hand sides at the top of the hill and sorts themselves out at the bottom. Today however for some reason there was a large gap (large enough for a smart car) down the list of left so I went for it. All good for about 30 yards and then Mr Mondeo man decides he's going to go into it without checking his mirror. Starts to move, realises I'm there and stops. Then he beeps me. So I stop.

Now I accept people make mistakes but if you beep me it means you wish to speak to me. So at least do me the courtesy of speaking to me. Don't sit there with the windows up pretending it wasn't you. You feckin tool. And to the guy in the car behind who also then beeped, yes I did tell you to feck off too but I do believe you heard me.

Rant over
If you are anything like me, I spend a good while loathing myself for loosing self control and then embarrassed at the thought of how I may have looked .

Happens to us all.

No harm no foul.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
If you are anything like me, I spend a good while loathing myself for loosing self control and then embarrassed at the thought of how I may have looked .

Happens to us all.

No harm no foul.
Ok. First, sorry. You're not going to like this.

I honestly applaud you and wish I was like you. But I'm not. I did leave the scene with self-loathing but it was "what more could I have done to engage: snapped a wing mirror off; smashed his window with my minipump?". I hate these incidents more because I haven't achieved anything. If the driver had wound down his window and said " Sorry, I shouldn't have beeped you" I would have been happier but that didn't happen. But then again, as other threads have intimated, would you wind down your window when faced with me? I am basically friendly and cuddly but I lose it sometimes. I know people that lose it at far less than I do but if you endanger me or, and this is worse, heaven forbid BEEP me. I will chase you down. My achilles is still suspect from chasing a car 3 years ago.

As my conversations with SWMBO have revealed, I live in a different world. I'm 6'6", 17 stone, ex second row rugby player, ex black belt in ju jitsu. I see threats when I walk down the street (or cycle) they are just different and more easily mitigated (at least to me). SWMBO is convinced I'll die by being shot in a road rage incident. Hence I try to remain zen....

Why didn't you title this 'Mondeo Rant'; there's no Mini in the storey :rolleyes:

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
decides he's going to go into it without checking his mirror
That is what Air Zounds are for ;)

1. They move without taking proper observation.
2. You push the Air Zound button to alert them to their lacklustre observations skills.
3. All the other motorists stare at them and the incident they created.
4. Hopefully they learn to take proper observation.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Ok. First, sorry. You're not going to like this.

I honestly applaud you and wish I was like you. But I'm not. I did leave the scene with self-loathing but it was "what more could I have done to engage: snapped a wing mirror off; smashed his window with my minipump?". I hate these incidents more because I haven't achieved anything. If the driver had wound down his window and said " Sorry, I shouldn't have beeped you" I would have been happier but that didn't happen. But then again, as other threads have intimated, would you wind down your window when faced with me? I am basically friendly and cuddly but I lose it sometimes. I know people that lose it at far less than I do but if you endanger me or, and this is worse, heaven forbid BEEP me. I will chase you down. My achilles is still suspect from chasing a car 3 years ago.

As my conversations with SWMBO have revealed, I live in a different world. I'm 6'6", 17 stone, ex second row rugby player, ex black belt in ju jitsu. I see threats when I walk down the street (or cycle) they are just different and more easily mitigated (at least to me). SWMBO is convinced I'll die by being shot in a road rage incident. Hence I try to remain zen....
Nope, sounds a lot like me...although I have learnt to control...or let go of road rage...or general kind of rage....kind of.

Problem for me is, as a result I am very forgiving...to the point where I have had enough and loose it .

I too learnt martial arts (black belt shotokan karate) to sort of help with self control.

Still when I loose it I loose it in a way that I'm nearly always ashamed of later.

Top Bottom