Mini Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I don't have the will power not to confront them, there are some real idiots around at the moment. More than I can ever remember. Every commute is starting to feel like a battle. I am one of Cycle Cam anti brigade but I have had so many near misses in the last 6 weeks it is more of a case of when rather than if I am not able to avoid hitting them or their luck runs. I am finding it hard not to get one.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Still when I loose it I loose it in a way that I'm nearly always ashamed of later.
Crikey how many people are hidden in the bushes on your commute?

crazyjoe101

I am 90% sure I know which roundabout you mean and it's a cluster**** if it's busy, that whole road from Catford is pretty shocking in rush hour.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I am 90% sure I know which roundabout you mean and it's a cluster**** if it's busy, that whole road from Catford is pretty shocking in rush hour.
From Catford to the railway bridge at Verdant Lane can be an absolute nightmare. From there though I usually find it's ok as it's so wide there's plenty of room for a bike. The roundabout can be tricky though, just tonight a learner driver decided to go at precisely the wrong time. Lots of beeping ensued.

crazyjoe101

From Catford to the railway bridge at Verdant Lane can be an absolute nightmare. From there though I usually find it's ok as it's so wide there's plenty of room for a bike. The roundabout can be tricky though, just tonight a learner driver decided to go at precisely the wrong time. Lots of beeping ensued.
Funny, I always find the first bit to the bridge the better half as it's normally jammed so you can calmly filter up the middle. After the bridge the pinchpoints to the lights cause some bother and then the driving on that carriageway is so dangerous I often use the (shared use) pavement until just before the roundabout. I remember when I first started cycling I wasn't confident enough to even attempt the A20 roundabout lol.

Top Bottom