Minor Gripe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taxing

It's not dangerous, just bloody annoying. I'm stopped at a red light (ped crossing) and I'm behind another cyclist and a car (so it's cyclist, car, then me in a queue). The light turns green so the cyclist sets off, the car sets off, I set off, then the car stops ON the crossing to let his passenger out. Why not get out while the car was stopped at the crossing anyway? I threw my hand up in the recognised sign of 'what the hell are you doing?'/'TWAT', passenger says 'sorry', but still bends back into the car to retrieve his coat slooooooowly before lumbering off. I couldn't think of anything to say in reply so shrugged and still looked pissed off.

Yes it only held me up for a minute or two, and I wasn't put in danger, but he wouldn't have done it if a car was behind him would he?

adds21

Rider of bikes
taxing said:
but he wouldn't have done it if a car was behind him would he?

I bet he would. Some people are just ignorant.

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
crumpetman said:
Yep I have had that happen to me when driving a car.

Yep, Northampton station forecourtnear daily. Designated drop off area and plenty of free short stay parking. But no they have to block the road to drop hubby off right by the door.

QuinnDexter

I witness these amazing acts of stupidity daily. Motorists who do not cycle tend to drive around in a zombied stupor and do not see you. Cyclist motorists tend to be more observant and treat cyclists with respect. In this case I would have cycled past whilst giving them the universal greeting of two fingers.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Maybe it was an unplanned departure.

The passenger apologised, nobody was hurt. Don't worry about it and move on.

Think of it as a lesson in expecting the unexpected.

OP
OP
T

taxing

QuinnDexter said:
In this case I would have cycled past whilst giving them the universal greeting of two fingers.

I would have liked to, but the lane to the right of me was a bit fast-moving. For the effort it would have taken to get in that lane then have to swap back to the left only to have that idiot driving behind me, I thought it best to wait.

Top Bottom