Minor race thread 2017 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
Oli Naesen cannot be far off winning a (semi) classic, he's finished 7th in Omloop, 8th in KBK, 6th in DdV and 3rd today.

Is he a sprinter, or more likely to win breaking off the front of a group? The commentry certainly seemed to give the impression he lacks the sprint but can give it the beans over a longer period (or maybe he was just shot, and that was his greatest chance of winning)

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Is he a sprinter, or more likely to win breaking off the front of a group? The commentry certainly seemed to give the impression he lacks the sprint but can give it the beans over a longer period (or maybe he was just shot, and that was his greatest chance of winning)
He can do both, but lacks the top end speed of a true sprinter, he definitely seems to like cobbles - he also finished 2nd to Terpstra in last year's Eneco Tour.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Think he's really a typical Belgian classics strong man, definitely one to watch. I was close to picking him in PTP this week, slightly wish I had.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Mark Stewart, aka @rich p's protege, picks up the Intermediate Sprints Jersey on today's stage of the Tour of Normandie
17264801_644053455794952_6384343578737647964_n.jpg

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I had him for DdV, turns out to have been the wrong bloody race!

TBH I didn't think he'd quite make it in DDV and was going to pick him for E3, but had I done so I'd probably have done it in place of Gilbert rather than the tumbling Slovak!

I don't know Postlberger but his team are pointing to him to suggest there's more to them than just Sagan. He would have been a flair pick!

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
And for Gent - Wevelgem, a nod to Super Mario whose 50th was this week - IIRC the last pure sprinter to win there.

Last edited:

Buddfox

Veteran

From a fan's perspective, he kind of has a point. Terpstra was pretty lame - when Sagan tried to bridge across to GvA and Keukelaire (please forgive if I have spelled that incorrectly) and then Terpstra got on his wheel, Terpstra then not taking a turn made it clear they weren't going to make it. Of course he may not have had the legs to help them finish the bridge - but he did look like he just let up.

Top Bottom