Minor race thread 2017 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Too minor even for this thread? The SE Junior Road Race Championship was due to take place this morning but was cancelled due to emergency roadworks on the course. Very disappointing - I was looking forward to driving the commissaire's car, following immediately behind the peloton.

One of the favourites in the race was a lad from our club, Ollie Robinson, who has been making a bit of a name for himself lately - came 3rd in the nationals a couple of months ago and has since won two junior races in Belgium. He's stepping up to U23 next season, which will be a real test of his potential.

Last edited:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Your protege is riding as well
118th out of 141?

SWSteve

Guru
The non-event that is the European champs is currently on despite clashing with T of Utah, Burgos and Poland.
FWIW, Campanaerts won the mens TT.

Will Campy be wearing that jersey on the road, such as the women have been doing in recent years.
It'd be fixated to sttbthis stupid championship and then not make them wear the £land jersey

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I should also have added that Ollie went in the seniors race the following day and finished a very creditable 11th - not bad for an 18yo racing against much more experienced riders. The winner was Rory Townsend, a 22yo from the Bike Channel-Canyon team who took the points title in the Tour Series last year, and there were a couple of Madison-Genesis and Team Wiggins riders involved as well, so a reasonably decent standard.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Egan Bernal, who Sky have signed as the next good Colombian, is a leading the Tour de l'Avenir and looking good.
James Kn ox a minute back in second overall.

Demare won the Brussels Cycling Classic ahead of Kump (UAE) and Gripel.

I have an irrational dislike of this race: the first couple of editions tried to pretend that it is the direct descendent of Paris-Brussels, which is obviously rubbish, ohh and the course was rubbish as well, a glorified, oversized criterium. All very meh.

This year there was a bit more thought put into the course along the lines of " I don't think anyone will notice if we reverse the course of La Flèche Brabançonne and tack on a Brussels start and finish".

Rant over :tongue: and Demare looked sharp:okay:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Crit in Quebec with an undulating course and an uphill finish.
You wouldn't bet against he same podium.
Sagan, GVA, Matthews

Top Bottom