Minor races 2020 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Always love to see Woods win.
Worlds (or Giro or Vuelta - apart from stage wins) might be a stretch too far this year, coming back from his injury.
Seems like a few riders have come back even stronger after pretty bad injuries,VanAert,Woods and Froome when he wins the Vuelta ^_^
Woods did look good yesterday though on that last climb.

Adam4868

Guru
Lucas Hamilton won today's stage in Tirreno Adriarico.Woodsy keeps the leaders jersey,hope he can hang on to it aswell.But he's got some class riders just behind him.G looked good and so did Yates and Vlasov.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Lucas Hamilton won today's stage in Tirreno Adriarico.Woodsy keeps the leaders jersey,hope he can hang on to it aswell.But he's got some class riders just behind him.G looked good and so did Yates and Vlasov.
Funnily enough I was reading this article about Aussie cycling and the search for the next Cadel Evans this morning.
Tom Petty, no not that one!, who is quoted is my nephew.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...alias-next-cadel-evans?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Adam4868

Guru
Funnily enough I was reading this article about Aussie cycling and the search for the next Cadel Evans this morning.
Tom Petty, no not that one!, who is quoted is my nephew.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...alias-next-cadel-evans?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Porte was meant to be wasn't he ? Has he had bad luck or just not had any good...he's probally been there on paper but never felt he could actually win a GT.Reading that article a lot of emphasis on TT and how it's the deal breaker for some.The likes of Sky/Ineos seem to be able to bring that out in riders,is it just money and training.I mean even Bernal isn't a bad at TT.
End of a era for Porte
https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/richie-porte-one-last-performance-as-a-tour-de-france-leader/

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Porte was meant to be wasn't he ? Has he had bad luck or just not had any good...he's probally been there on paper but never felt he could actually win a GT.Reading that article a lot of emphasis on TT and how it's the deal breaker for some.The likes of Sky/Ineos seem to be able to bring that out in riders,is it just money and training.I mean even Bernal isn't a bad at TT.
End of a era for Porte
https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/richie-porte-one-last-performance-as-a-tour-de-france-leader/
I think Richie had a chance once but bad luck killed him at his peak. He was second best to Froome in 2015?

Adam4868

Guru
I think Richie had a chance once but bad luck killed him at his peak. He was second best to Froome in 2015?
Last bit of rambling...agreed but I can't help thinking some riders just don't have it ? Yes luck plays a massive part of cycling,but you definately have to make your own aswell.Theres a lot of pressure when your near the top or at it.How much extra stress does it take to wear yellow.Froomes the master at it and the likes of Roglic looks cool also.Mentaly it's a tough sport,some riders I'm sure have the numbers,but putting that on the road is a harder task.
Just read that back and im probally talking shite 😁 you get my drift though.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Last bit of rambling...agreed but I can't help thinking some riders just don't have it ? Yes luck plays a massive part of cycling,but you definately have to make your own aswell.Theres a lot of pressure when your near the top or at it.How much extra stress does it take to wear yellow.Froomes the master at it and the likes of Roglic looks cool also.Mentaly it's a tough sport,some riders I'm sure have the numbers,but putting that on the road is a harder task.
Just read that back and im probally talking shite 😁 you get my drift though.
No, you're right about the toughness but Richie did have some unfortunate crashes and injuries and I think he might have been able to win a Giro or Vuelta a few years ago when the others were all in the TdF.
Ryder Hejsdal and Chris Horner won a GT FFS!!!!!^_^

I suspect Wiggins and Froome are more alike in terms of attitude and resilience than they'd like to admit!

Adam4868

Guru
Simon Yates wins the queen stage of the Tirreno Adriarico and takes the overall lead of Woods.Great ride by him,also Thomas looked good a promising sign

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Simon Yates wins the queen stage of the Tirreno Adriarico and takes the overall lead of Woods.Great ride by him,also Thomas looked good a promising sign

View attachment 546627
Just watched the highlights. Great ride by Yatesy and, as you say, G looked pretty good too.
3 Brits in the top 7!!!!
Pleased for James Knox - it's always nice when riders like him, Hugh Carthy, Simon and Adam get on without going through Skineos.

Adam4868

Guru
Just watched the highlights. Great ride by Yatesy and, as you say, G looked pretty good too.
3 Brits in the top 7!!!!
Pleased for James Knox - it's always nice when riders like him, Hugh Carthy, Simon and Adam get on without going through Skineos.
Be good to see brother v brother next year.G did well to drop Majka and Vlasov near the end of that stage.

Top Bottom