Minor races 2021...**SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bitsandbobs

Über Member
CX from Boom (!) today. WvA and Pidcock back in action.

Edit: exhibition stuff from WvA so far. He's killing the rest of the field.

Last edited:

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Wout takes it by quite a bit....1,40 ! Muddy wasn't the word.Pidcock came in 7th I think? To be honest I can't 100% warm to Cyclocross.I miss road cycling so I'll suffer it 😁

You stand in a muddy field, drink beer and eat chips (with mayo, obvs). Occasionally watch some riders come past. What's not to like??!

bitsandbobs

Über Member
Zoe Bäckstedt took her first elite womens CX race victory today. The top riders are all in Italy, but still, she was a couple of minutes ahead of Anna Kay who was third.

Edit: And she's only 17! What a talent.

WvA won the men's race and is presumably already in Italy for the race tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Zoe Bäckstedt took her first elite womens CX race victory today. The top riders are all in Italy, but still, she was a couple of minutes ahead of Anna Kay who was third.

Edit: And she's only 17! What a talent.

WvA won the men's race and is presumably already in Italy for the race tomorrow.
WvA again but Tom P on the podium in the snow!
The women struggled massively on that terrain

bitsandbobs

Über Member
WvA again but Tom P on the podium in the snow!
The women struggled massively on that terrain

Adrie van der Poel was winding everyone up earlier in the week. He said he was hardly surprising that WvA was winning right away given he's racing against amateurs (slightly paraphrasing!).

bitsandbobs

Über Member
CX from Rucphen today.

Vos outsprinted Brand to take the women's race. Vos seems to be a bit crash prone in CX, so good to see Brand try to stretch her on the last lap. Once they got to the asphalt though, there was only going to be one winner.

In the men's, Pidcock outsprinted Iserbyt to take the men's race. I have a completely irrational dislike for Iserbyt, so I did enjoy that finish more than I probably should have.

Top Bottom