mio cycle 100 asa replacemnet for garmin edge 200 with battery issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Looking at replacing my garmin edge 200 as the battery is not much cop these days and came across these for under £40 .
I only really have 2 questions .
Does it have a route following facility and can you upload directly to strava ?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Not used a Mio -- but a battery is pretty easy to replace on an edge 200 if youre even the slightest bit technically skilled

With that said, if youre lucky you could pick up a secondhand garmin 200 off ebay for around £40 and it still comes with the original box and accessories. Thats how i got my first one I sold it on to a member on here i think a few months later when i upgraded to the 520 model

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Not used a Mio -- but a battery is pretty easy to replace on an edge 200 if youre even the slightest bit technically skilled

With that said, if youre lucky you could pick up a secondhand garmin 200 off ebay for around £40 and it still comes with the original box and accessories. Thats how i got my first one I sold it on to a member on here i think a few months later when i upgraded to the 520 model

Yup , i can get the 100 new for less than £40 , thought it might be ok .Last time i tried to change a tablet screen i fubared it so i didnt want to play around inside , i have seen a service that will change the battery for under £30
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garmin-Ed...b3af450&pid=100033&rk=2&rkt=4&sd=192085064495

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.

Bit of a bodger, A little more effort he could have soldered the speaker wires.:wacko:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Bit of a bodger, A little more effort he could have soldered the speaker wires.:wacko:

Not really that important. the speaker isnt critical to the devices functionality and given how tightly packed it is when its inside the case i doubt it would shake itself loose if you put some electrical tape over it.

Im a dab hand at soldering as its something that ive done throughout the years (repairing guitar leads, speakers & other small electrical devices) I could probably do it for you for free if you were local but youre up in Derby so no chance of that unless youre happy sending it down to me. Since its the Garmin 200. Its not really worth repairing unless the device has some sentimental value..

Your call anyway :tongue:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Not really that important. the speaker isnt critical to the devices functionality and given how tightly packed it is when its inside the case i doubt it would shake itself loose if you put some electrical tape over it.

Im a dab hand at soldering as its something that ive done throughout the years (repairing guitar leads, speakers & other small electrical devices) I could probably do it for you for free if you were local but youre up in Derby so no chance of that unless youre happy sending it down to me. Since its the Garmin 200. Its not really worth repairing unless the device has some sentimental value..

Your call anyway :tongue:
I might take you up on that , happy to post it and a new battery .

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

It was going to cost about £20 including special screwdrivers ( i know you canpick a bettery up for about £10 ) , got a new looking garmin 200 boxed but no power cable for £40 .
Not sure what to do with old one , battery is good for 3 hours maybe.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
It was going to cost about £20 including special screwdrivers ( i know you canpick a bettery up for about £10 ) , got a new looking garmin 200 boxed but no power cable for £40 .
Not sure what to do with old one , battery is good for 3 hours maybe.

sell it? alternatively you can keep it as spare parts. I sold my 200 as soon as i got my 520.

Top Bottom